What mufflers should i get?

Ballistic

Reaction score
Re doing my Mid pipe with the offroad prochamber (got a BBK H-pipe now).

I have Flowmaster 44s and im 90% sure i want to replace them..

I have been thinking about the magnaflow competition series but did a little ready and i get the feeling they are kidna like flowmaster?

Hows borla? or what are some better options?

Ill still probbaly get the Magnaflow Exhaust Tips though..

Anyway what are your guys recommendations?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have you gone on youtube and looked up clips for exhaust combos/mufflers? Everyone on here is going to just recommend what they run. Exhaust is all preference.

For example...
Borla is nice, especially on 4vs.
Magnaflow sounds great on 2vs.
SLP is great on 2vs as well.
Flowmaster sucks on everything, same with glasspacks.
MAC mufflers seems to sound decent on everything.

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I was thinking of installing a v band before the mufflers and swap em out if i dont like the racebullets dumped

cameron57

Reaction score
Bullets sound good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

87hurricane

Reaction score
I really like the way my Macs sound. They have a somewhat similar sound to flowmasters, only better. Tighter sound and less drone, I have gotten a lot of compliments on them.

lutter94

Reaction score
Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers all the way. Unless you like what everyone else does. It sounds good, no one else has heard it, so no one promotes it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Generally h pipes pair well with chambered mufflers and x pipes pair well with straight throughs. Now I personally love the sound of flowmasters but they dont flow well so Id stay away from them. With a prochamber I think Id go with mac mufflers.

The problem is that sound is sooo subjective. Youtube is your only friend right now.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Everyone's got different taste I really dig the bassani set ups on the 5 liter and 2v cars. 4vsound sick with magnapacks and x pipes

Ineedav8

Reaction score
There's other thing's to toss in also for sound reason's like shorties or long tubes and what cam(s) it's all tedious but sooo worth it

BrightBlue94

Reaction score
Currently rocking Flowmaster 40 series on an otherwise stock exhaust set up. Wish I wasn't, drones like nothing I've ever heard before. I think I might switch over to Pypes M-80's and some Magnaflow 3.5" tips though.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Just ordered Tail Pipes and MAC Pro Chamber.

Im going to go with Borla mufflers the Stingers, is this the correct part number i need to order: 40842S Amazon link: http://goo.gl/rzuOcD

Friend has a Exhaust bender so im going to do the that myself and save me a lot of money..

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
It's kind of off topic but where can I find Borla Ataks? I just want 2 mufflers lol

Once you figure out the part number of the ones you need then just google the part number, thats what i had to do..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online