What next...

Thomas_W

Reaction score
So im looking at things to do next. The through floor subframe install is on the list, but i have a lot more welding to do on the car (trunk sheet metal, core support) so am thinking of holding off on those for a bit (plus a potential move may delay that amount of work for awhile longer).

So my options to prepare for the turbo install are:

1. Stainless braided Hydroboost lines w/ relocation to the fender well
2. 31 spline axles and diff
3. Gauges
4. Turbo parts (waste gates, BOv's, intercooler, turbos, etc)
5. fuel system parts- fuel rails, braided fuel lines, etc

keep in mind some things are better off to do as one, such as the braided fuel lines (im planning on a return system eventuall) with the through floor subframes. This helps reducing the amount if undoing of things.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Who are you going with for through floor subframe connectors? I like my Wolfcraft racing pieces. They cut down on the time you would spend cutting regular square tube to fit.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Who are you going with for through floor subframe connectors? I like my Wolfcraft racing pieces. They cut down on the time you would spend cutting regular square tube to fit.

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

Ill be doing my own with 2x2 steel tubing. My forward subframe are absolutely mangled, so having a shop do the subframe connectors would be ridiculously expensive.

The next mod kind of presented itself on its own. I've been looking for 03/04 cobra side skirts. A set of Oem ones popped up for sale yesterday for a good price, so i made an offer and bought them.

Reaction score
OR...

You could...

Don't rule out...

Go crazy with carbon fiber parts!!!

But seriously I guess I would start with the fuel system first.

And then go crazy with carbon fiber parts. From carbon driven

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
OR...

You could...

Don't rule out...

Go crazy with carbon fiber parts!!!

But seriously I guess I would start with the fuel system first.

And then go crazy with carbon fiber parts. From carbon driven

Lol c im WAAAYY to cheap to pay for carbon driven parts. I've got enough Fiberglass and Carbon fiber cloth sitting in my garage that i could mold my 4" cowl hood, trunk deck, A/C pillar outer body panels, radiatoe support and most of the plastic interior bits. Lol

finishing up the body work on the hood is a priority, as well as getting all the replacement steel for the body and rad. Core support. Once all that is done, the car should be a pretty good base for the eventual plans.

Reaction score
hah thats awesome. i wish i knew how to mold all the crap i wanted for my car, that would make life a bit easier when it comes to custom fabrication

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
hah thats awesome. i wish i knew how to mold all the crap i wanted for my car, that would make life a bit easier when it comes to custom fabrication

Its actually not that hard, just Alot of materials needs to make nice production quality molds. I probably have $8-10k worth of composite materials and tools in my garage. I went through 120yds of cloth and 15 gallons of resin last year alone.

One project i do have on the short list is the CF radiator support cover. My core support is a little bent up top, but i dont think its bad enough to cause any major fit issues, i just need to decide how much i want it to cover and if i want it to covee the mounting tabs for the degas tank or not (If i do, i have to find someone local to let me borrow their car for a day to get measurements)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.