What Plugs Do You Use?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
What are the best plugs for my car? What size\brand wires should i go with?

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
my car is NA and i found it likes autolite platinum's. alot of guys don't like them but my car loves those things.

for the price i dint think you can beat ford racing wires they are 9mm but id get the custom set and cut them to the length you want ....unless you don't care if some are a few inches to long

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
autolite's I have read to stay away from platinums and there not worth the money, but I guess since wayne likes them it must just be personal prefrence.
Matt you didnt say what you use?

wayne94mustang

Reaction score
they are just what works the best in my car.....anything with more then one ground strap is a wast of time

sanitarium16

Reaction score
Motorcraft and nothing but Motorcraft....I used Autolite Double Platnium for 6 months until today because my car was misfiring. Turns out the plugs are WAY different than Motorcraft....Motorcraft has a finer electrode and sits further down in the head. I went two heat rangers hotter on my plugs because of the premium fuel tune i use....WOW what a difference... car is smooooooth. Maybe you guys have had better luck that i have with autolites but im done with them!

wytstang

Reaction score
I normally use Motorcraft only but I picked up some Autolite 24's that are waiting to be swaped in.

97vertstang

Reaction score
i run motorcraft platinums with msd wires and no complains yet :thumb:

stampede3

Reaction score
Autolite 764s

Copper for performance.
Platinum for longevity.

I'll take copper anyday.

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
For just your regular stang, the Motocraft Platinums are a perfect replacement. But if your looking into the high performance direction, I'd use NGK TR6 Copper Core plugs gapped at .035". That's what I use and it runs like a champ!

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Its seems like everyone has there own opinion on what plugs to get? whats the best and what last the longest?

wytstang

Reaction score
JerZeyStangz said:
Its seems like everyone has there own opinion on what plugs to get? whats the best and what last the longest?
I've had great result with Motorcraft, MC would be the with IMHO. Autolite make a good plug as well for for fairless stock motors (even h/c/i motors) I would go MC. I'm going to try Auolite 24's though since I got a good deal on them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online