What Polish and or Wax for Red?

wytstang

Reaction score
OTC Megs NXT and or Mothers Synwax both are synthetics that will last longer then carnuba wax's (despite the word wax in the name they are synthetic polymers). If you don't mind spend some change then go to www.autogeek.net and order some Klasse All-in-one awesome paint cleaner and light acrylic polish top that off with 4 Stars Ultimate Paint Protection. This combo has served me extremely well and looks great on ALL colors. .02 oh and if you want to get serious about detailing your stang then read up on www.autopia.org more info then you know what to do with lol.

wytstang

Reaction score
I just picked up a PC from Pat (super302) can't wait to try my Poorboys World SSR 2.5 (swirl remover) and Poorboys Wolrd SSR 1 (polish). Good luck and post your results :thumb:

wytstang

Reaction score
Orders some Lake County pads (7.5) and backing plate (6) now I need to practice.

wytstang

Reaction score
Also the cheapest place I found for LC pad was with Bob at www.danase.com. I've always recieved great service from Bob.

Caldwell

Reaction score
wow
you got like a million results on that post.

I just use a paint cleaner... Meguiars step 1 actually, it looks like this:
A3016.gif

and i will say, it's not like waxing your car every weekend, but the results are incredible.

this is what it looks like the day after:

car1.jpg

now that's no adobe parlour trick. it's the real deal. I hate black, but if this shit does that on black, i would love to see what it does with red.

wytstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
what happend to good old turtle wax?
From my experience most (aka not all) OTC products look good at first but with in a month the product is dead and needs to be reaplyed. I hate spending my days off try to get the shine back, so I decided to research and research till I found what suited *my* taste. Poorboys world came shining through like a champ, you get great results, there easy to use, and most important (at least in my area) they are extremely sun friendly. Try using turtle wax in mid summer in South Florida in the middle of the after noon, it's like removing cement on the paint.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wytstang said:
Snakebit said:
what happend to good old turtle wax?
From my experience most (aka not all) OTC products look good at first but with in a month the product is dead and needs to be reaplyed. I hate spending my days off try to get the shine back, so I decided to research and research till I found what suited *my* taste. Poorboys world came shining through like a champ, you get great results, there easy to use, and most important (at least in my area) they are extremely sun friendly. Try using turtle wax in mid summer in South Florida in the middle of the after noon, it's like removing cement on the paint.

I didnt know that.

JebTonkin

Reaction score
As far as red goes I really like Red machine glazed topped with Clearkote Carnuba Moose wax or Natty's blue.

JebTonkin

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
heh thats what I ended up using! the clearkote stuff.
check it:
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1438.msg18341#msg18341
Nice very nice, I am not as bad about the GT but I am extremely anal about the Cobra, it is a a garage queen..lol. But I use the same stuff on my Cobra and love it. If you want a good sealant to put on before the wax try Four Star UPP(Ultimate Paint Protection), gives a great reflective shine with excellent durabilty.
So here is my proccess for the Cobra, SSR2.5(pc, orange pad), SSR1(pc, white pad), RMG(pc black pad), UPP(pc, black plad), then Carnuba Moose Wax or Natty's blue by hand, can't beat this combo imo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online