What programmer/tuner should i get

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
powerfreak said:
DropTopPony said:
Sniper isn't bad if you know how to use it and their customer support sucks, i would rather have the SCT ProRacer package if i was gonna do it myself.

I just sold my SCT switch chip and ordered an Xcal2 from don at Lasota Racing :dancing6:

Let me know how your XCal2 works out...I'll be ordering one soon too...just not sure where to order from (brenspeed, amer muscle, bamachips etc...and now Lasota).

I would order SCT products from Lasota racing only, Don actually wrote the user manual for SCT and he includes extra stuff with the Xcal that nobody else does.
www.lasotaracing.com
i only wish i lived close enough to have him dyno tune my car.

voidfinger

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
powerfreak said:
DropTopPony said:
Sniper isn't bad if you know how to use it and their customer support sucks, i would rather have the SCT ProRacer package if i was gonna do it myself.

I just sold my SCT switch chip and ordered an Xcal2 from don at Lasota Racing :dancing6:

Let me know how your XCal2 works out...I'll be ordering one soon too...just not sure where to order from (brenspeed, amer muscle, bamachips etc...and now Lasota).

I would order SCT products from Lasota racing only, Don actually wrote the user manual for SCT and he includes extra stuff with the Xcal that nobody else does.
www.lasotaracing.com

what else does it come with ???

S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
powerfreak said:
DropTopPony said:

www.lasotaracing.com
you live close enough for Ed Clark to tune it for ya :)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scarface said:
DropTopPony said:
powerfreak said:
DropTopPony said:

www.lasotaracing.com

Ed is good but i have a few Tuners in my area that are as good or better. I'll get my tune done by Matt Hill of www.matthillmotorsports.com He is one of the best SCT guys in the country if you have an auto. If i lived in VA i would definately be heading to Steen though.

S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
scarface said:
DropTopPony said:
powerfreak said:
DropTopPony said:

www.lasotaracing.com

Ed is good but i have a few Tuners in my area that are as good or better. I'll get my tune done by Matt Hill of www.matthillmotorsports.com He is one of the best SCT guys in the country if you have an auto. If i lived in VA i would definately be heading to Steen though.
FYI- Ed is a private contractor now...he doesnt work for steen anymore.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i didn't know that, does he have his own place or is he just renting dyno time for tunes.

S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
i didn't know that, does he have his own place or is he just renting dyno time for tunes.
he is working for himself, you email him, and he setsup a time at another dyno for the tune.

bigredball90

Reaction score
umm im goin to steal the page for a sec whats better the sct livewire or the xcal II?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
bigredball90 said:
umm im goin to steal the page for a sec whats better the sct livewire or the xcal II?

at this time the Xcal 2 is, the Livewire has issues and my tuner won't even sell it yet.

powerfreak

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
bigredball90 said:

at this time the Xcal 2 is, the Livewire has issues and my tuner won't even sell it yet.

Hey droptop...I ordered one from Don...should be here tomorrow. :banana: Thanks for the recommendation, he seemed like a cool guy and answered all my emails/question very quickly.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah Don is a cool guy, I needed a pretty intricate mail order tune to get my car to the dyno tune next month and he didn't have any problem adding extra details for me.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't get a JMS chip...they SUCK! I bought this car with one in it and it's had nothing but problems. I unplugged it and it runs 100% better. Don't worry guys, my car is basically parked until I get the funds for my MAF and injectors...then I'm getting a SCT flash tune on a dyno. Any chip you simply order and plug in isn't going to help you unless you have a stock(ish) car. If you get into a SC or a lot of mods, you're safest with a dyno tune.

firstonraceday

Reaction score
I got the opportunity to play with a live wire at WFC.... I don't know too much about the xcal 2 but I do know the live wire seemed pretty sharp. Very user friendly and easy to navigate.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I checked out the Livewire and unless you like having those estimated hp numbers and est g force etc i'd just stick with an Xcal2 and buy a wideband and boost gauge. You can do wideband and boost on the Livewire but you have to buy the extra stuff to make it work so it gets expensive either way.