What programmer/tuner should i get

JR98

Reaction score
OK i have a 98 mustang g.t automatic with a few boltons on it I'm looking for a programmer/tuner but i don't know witch one to get I'm looking at one on ebay its a diablo sport predator but theres a few programmers out there, i want to know witch one will i get out the most off or witch one is better or has more stuff to work with for our model cars. Thank You for your answers.

G

GREG@SN95

+1 for SCT

They make the best chips and tuners for fords

OP
OP
J

JR98

Reaction score
OK thank you guys well i went into the site that droptoppony posted and there are several ones by sct, witch one do i need for my car so i wont get the wrong one or witch one do u guys suggest i should get.

zyzygy

Reaction score
mine's a 96 GT and the X-cal II, does wonders for it!

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
for an auto..any tuner will be a huge differance..our autos shift horrible...i remember someone cutting .5 off his 1/4 mile with just the xcal2 tune on his auto gt...it should pull harder but more importantly...shift harder/ faster and when its supposed to actually shift

xcal2 or even the superchips handheld tuner ...xcal 2 is made by superchips...

OP
OP
J

JR98

Reaction score
Ok im going to go with XCal2 Thank You guys.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you ruled out getting a REAL TUNE, by going to a dyno shop and doing it that way ???

voidfinger

Reaction score
So you can get a Xcal 2 and then get the dyno tune threw that right??? Could you, for instance, get a street driving tune and then have a separate one saved in there for when you wanted to run a 125 shot of nitros that would back down timing and stuff???

O and has anyone heard or seen the sniper software??? what you guys think about that.?

S

scarface

voidfinger said:
So you can get a Xcal 2 and then get the dyno tune threw that right??? Could you, for instance, get a street driving tune and then have a separate one saved in there for when you wanted to run a 125 shot of nitros that would back down timing and stuff???
thats exactly right.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i'd rather have that, since you can change the tune with the tuner.

So has anyone heard or used the "Sniper" or anything from them??

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i havent heard anything good about Sniper...plus i would rather have a trained professional tune my car instead of me trying and blowing it the fuck up..

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sniper isn't bad if you know how to use it and their customer support sucks, i would rather have the SCT ProRacer package if i was gonna do it myself.

I just sold my SCT switch chip and ordered an Xcal2 from don at Lasota Racing :dancing6:

powerfreak

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Sniper isn't bad if you know how to use it and their customer support sucks, i would rather have the SCT ProRacer package if i was gonna do it myself.

I just sold my SCT switch chip and ordered an Xcal2 from don at Lasota Racing :dancing6:

Let me know how your XCal2 works out...I'll be ordering one soon too...just not sure where to order from (brenspeed, amer muscle, bamachips etc...and now Lasota).

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea i haven't heard anything about sniper thats why i asked, i always see their adds but noone i've spoken too has it...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online