what rpm stall converters

samsonhusky

Reaction score
I just ordered roadrunner's 3200-3500 stall converter for my pi motor swapped automatic 96 gt. it's going to have basic bolt on to start with. I'm planning to run the stock 3.27 gears and probably go to 4.10 at some point. they suggested the 3200-3500 stall. just curious what rpm stall converters most are using for street and strip ?

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They are called torque converters for a reason, how much do you have?
A stock old Pi is at 200+ RWT, not much.
So the new converter will help but the listed stall is going to be different when you get it all in and running.
Go to YouTube and learn how to check the real stall speed.
This will help you figure out what the next upgrade should be be and how it drives for you.
If you are dragging it and just stomping the gas peddle you might be happy, if you are driving to and from the track you might be sad.
Report back your likes and dis likes and this community will help you without throwing money at the car. It is the reason you are here.

OP
OP
samsonhusky

samsonhusky

Reaction score
They are called torque converters for a reason, how much do you have?
A stock old Pi is at 200+ RWT, not much.
So the new converter will help but the listed stall is going to be different when you get it all in and running.
Go to YouTube and learn how to check the real stall speed.
This will help you figure out what the next upgrade should be be and how it drives for you.
If you are dragging it and just stomping the gas peddle you might be happy, if you are driving to and from the track you might be sad.
Report back your likes and dis likes and this community will help you without throwing money at the car. It is the reason you are here.

thanks will do. im still in the process of getting the motor ready but once i get the motor in and running i will give a update

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
thanks will do. im still in the process of getting the motor ready but once i get the motor in and running i will give a update
For an automatic transmission
Have you thought about a shift improvement kit B@M street strip kit works really good with 3.73 gear

OP
OP
samsonhusky

samsonhusky

Reaction score
For an automatic transmission
Have you thought about a shift improvement kit B@M street strip kit works really good with 3.73 gear

I was thinking of getting a tuner to firm up the shifts. I’ve had a shift kit in a c4 trans in the pass but that was totally different car it was a carb fox body it did make a difference. If I can’t get the shifts I like with a tuner I may look into a shift kit I know they work.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a tuner to firm up the shifts. I’ve had a shift kit in a c4 trans in the pass but that was totally different car it was a carb fox body it did make a difference. If I can’t get the shifts I like with a tuner I may look into a shift kit I know they work.

When I did mine back in 2000
One of the Ford reps told me on 95 98 automatic if you drain the power completely hook up a fully charged battery drive it around the computer will self learn the shifting even if your a lead foot like I am at the track or like me driving like an old fart getting groaserys
It dose know different patterns in shifting

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
3200-3500 is not bad for street strip. I'd want to run an aux trans cooler at about that point. I have stall flashing around 3900 and a aux transcooler.

If you havent done the Jmod put that on the list of things to do. I have done the fairbanks shift kit and its so-so compared to the almost free Jmod. Suspension/tires, a stall, jmod, 4.10 gears will hurt some feelings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx