What should be my first mods

Spd0lit

Reaction score
I was just wondering what i should do next on my car because i just came back from the track and I'm craving more.

Here is my time slip (Right Lane #143) from the other night and it was done with the mods in my Sig and at Palmdale (2710 ft) if you want to know the corrections for sealevel is .97 for the E.T. and 1.03 for the mph.

[attachment deleted by admin]

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

I suggest that you change the gear for a 3.73.

Your car is automatic or manual ?

F.

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

O.K., manual is more fun, so change the gear for a 3,73 or a 3.90 I think it's the next step for your stang.

For a manual it's a good idea to replace the original shifter for a better one, like a Pro5.0 or MGW.

F.

Downshift

Reaction score
Gears, pullies,headers, short shifter that should help out a lot.

ryclef331

Reaction score
For starters....PRACTICE!

If your car is healthy, you should be able to break off a high 14 without even trying. I'd do a full tune up on the car first. New plugs, cap and rotor, wires (if they look shitty). Check the timing, set it as 12-14 degrees advanced. IF you have a stock airbox, rip out the airsilencer if you haven't already. Off Road pipe will help more than headers or a catback for the first exhaust mods. ANd again....PRACTICE! Get out to the track and learn to drive the car! A shifter will help immensely for hitting gears. If you're not looking for a long and happy life out of your stock t5....learn to powershift (never let off the gas between shifts). Practice launching....spinning tires if for donuts at the highshool parking lot....not in a drag race.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:

If your car is healthy, you should be able to break off a high 14 without even trying. I'd do a full tune up on the car first. New plugs, cap and rotor, wires (if they look shitty). Check the timing, set it as 12-14 degrees advanced. IF you have a stock airbox, rip out the airsilencer if you haven't already. Off Road pipe will help more than headers or a catback for the first exhaust mods. ANd again....PRACTICE! Get out to the track and learn to drive the car! A shifter will help immensely for hitting gears. If you're not looking for a long and happy life out of your stock t5....learn to powershift (never let off the gas between shifts). Practice launching....spinning tires if for donuts at the highshool parking lot....not in a drag race.

Agreed don't add parts get use to driving until you reach mid 9's in the 1/8 or mid 14's in the 1/4.

ps save for a vortech

ck5.0

Reaction score
Do gears. Then practice driving. You should hit at LEAST low 14's

OP
OP
S

Spd0lit

Reaction score
what you guys are missing is that the track is at 2,710 ft above sea level so it is a low 15 high 14 run

97vertstang

Reaction score
GonPlad said:
what you guys are missing is that the track is at 2,710 ft above sea level so it is a low 15 high 14 run
everybody runs shitty at palmdale (high elevation) come down to irwindale if its not that far, ull run a lot better, its a 1/8 mile though.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:

+1

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
94' Mustang GT 5spd, off-road X-pipe, flowmasters, MAC CAI (mods in sig)

Your corrected time is 14.82 @ 95.5
So you still need a little more practice( don't take this as an insult) get your time down another 3 tenths then start modding. Get a set of asp underdrive pulleys if you are not going to supercharge it. they are about $75-85 from summit. The pulleys will lower your 1/8 et by .09-.12( Ive tested this on a number of 94-95 gt).

hottwheels04

Reaction score
yeah thats deff a mid to high 14' car/ becase bone stock ive seen people run 14.9-15.2 @91-92mph in the 1/4 , i had a friend with a bone stock 95 gt vert he went 14.9@92,

and my 95 gt with same mods as u , I ran 14.8@94 and with gears i went 14.6@95 good luck!, ur car deff bone bone stock with no mods can run 15's . so yeah good luck, get some gears and more track time, u deff can run mid 14's

i mean at a good track with full bolt on's and tire u can run high 13s with these cars O0

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah i would say get gears for sure. possibly a H/C/I if ya got he the money and time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online