What should I do next?

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Pre99 Cobras are faster then my GT. Plus Im sure I can find one with around 400HP for under 12k...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
Yea, I guess thats what Im gonna do, start looking for some good deals on a SN95 Cobra, or maybe New edger.

01 Cobra :khobra: ( unless you find a 99 and check to see if its had the fix before you buy it )

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
whats "the fix"?

its when you get your junk snipped so you cant have babies, so then yo can spend moremoney on mods instead of dumb little chitlins. :rollinglaugh:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
whats "the fix"?

dont know much about the 99 cobras do ya :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OK quick summary, when the 99's came out some of them were getting thier ass handed to them by the GT's and the track times on them were in the 14's. With a 320hp car somethings wrong here...........DUH :comando: :comando:

So after some customers got to investigating, it turns out that the factory 320hp was much lower than that less than 300 to be closer to the real power out put. So the factory done a re-call on all the 99's and there were a few areas that had to be tweaked to get the 320 advertised rating. The intake / computer / and I think something on the compression not to sure on that one though. You can do a search and find all kinds of write ups on this and see what was done to " Fix " it. This process of repairing them became know as the " FIX" After this the cars were run on the dyno and did have the proper hp and tq. There was one article I read on the net that did a test on a car, and it was LOW........with poor track times. It went in had the fix and then made like 278rwhp and posted a 13.3 or something like that. A 0-60 under 5 seconds, it was a damn fast Corbra. Like I said do the search and you can probally find that one with the dyno and track times. Just try 99 Cobra FIX on your search.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
Fets said:
whats "the fix"?

its when you get your junk snipped so you cant have babies, so then yo can spend moremoney on mods instead of dumb little chitlins. :rollinglaugh:

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fets, your car would look sweet with a chin spoiler.

lowering makes it look much better, and sequencial tails are cool.
I like mine, but they're not really an appearance mod. just a fancy, flashy thingama-jigger.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Fets said:
whats "the fix"?

dont know much about the 99 cobras do ya :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OK quick summary, when the 99's came out some of them were getting thier ass handed to them by the GT's and the track times on them were in the 14's. With a 320hp car somethings wrong here...........DUH :comando: :comando:

So after some customers got to investigating, it turns out that the factory 320hp was much lower than that less than 300 to be closer to the real power out put. So the factory done a re-call on all the 99's and there were a few areas that had to be tweaked to get the 320 advertised rating. The intake / computer / and I think something on the compression not to sure on that one though. You can do a search and find all kinds of write ups on this and see what was done to " Fix " it. This process of repairing them became know as the " FIX" After this the cars were run on the dyno and did have the proper hp and tq. There was one article I read on the net that did a test on a car, and it was LOW........with poor track times. It went in had the fix and then made like 278rwhp and posted a 13.3 or something like that. A 0-60 under 5 seconds, it was a damn fast Corbra. Like I said do the search and you can probally find that one with the dyno and track times. Just try 99 Cobra FIX on your search.

Thanks for the info.

MeanGrn Gt said:
Fets said:
whats "the fix"?

it doesnt involve a sawzall... just giving ya shit

:mad: :mad: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Dalamar said:
Fets, your car would look sweet with a chin spoiler.

lowering makes it look much better, and sequencial tails are cool.
I like mine, but they're not really an appearance mod. just a fancy, flashy thingama-jigger.

Thanks Dal. I want to lower it, but my X pipe sits very low as is, Im scared to go lower! I guess I'll do springs then. What do you guys suggest? H&Rs?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
Thanks Dal. I want to lower it, but my X pipe sits very low as is, Im scared to go lower! I guess I'll do springs then. What do you guys suggest? H&Rs?

check the lower spring thread, there are quite a few choices to be seen.. O0

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definately chin spoiler.

other appearance mods would be a hood, and of course wheels :)

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i just started finding little things i didnt like about the car and started customizing them, like the fender emblems, the color of the grill pony, interior pieces etc.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've decided to stick with my stanger. Theres no way I want to pay insurance for a cobra being only 18 (19 on Feb 5th). Im gonna get some springs, cobra front bumper, and hood, which I havent decided on yet. I also want to take the grill off, but Im not sure how that would look..

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
I've decided to stick with my stanger. Theres no way I want to pay insurance for a cobra being only 18 (19 on Feb 5th). Im gonna get some springs, cobra front bumper, and hood, which I havent decided on yet. I also want to take the grill off, but Im not sure how that would look..

HOLY CRAP Fettiez we have the same birthday. Feb 5th FTW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online