what should i do

Discussion in '94-04 - V6 Specific' started by joshs95, Oct 3, 2006.

1. joshs95

joshs95 Member

i have 5 speed Manuel and if i have to drive for a wile during the day my back starts to hurt bad well Ive had back problem like for ever but anyway I'm thinking of switching to in auto but dont want to slow down my car any is there a better Tanny that would work insteed of the stock auto or should i go find a stock one and mod ,or should i just for get about it .

2. 97WhitePony

97WhitePony Active Member

depends on your HP the stock tranny build with a manual valve body is actually pretty stout and not to mention FUN to drive....

3. joshs95

joshs95 Member

ok ive came to my sences im just keeping the 5speed lol

4. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Post Whore

have a shift kit installed and get a looser stall for it and that should be about equal to what your times would be now.........well close to it anyway ;D

5. scarface

scarface Guest

I not sure what all the hipe is over a 5spd??? Im going c4 with a reverse manual valvebody and a 3200 stall when my clutch goes out again.

6. 04DarkShadowGT

04DarkShadowGT New Member

Certainly an auto can be just as fast if not faster, is much more consistant. But its just not as much fun imo for normal driving. Track only or alot of stopand go duty auto is the way to go. But other than that manual all the way.

7. scarface

scarface Guest

ehhhh...a manual vavled auto can be just as fun IMHO, but everyone is entitled to thier own.

8. white98stang

white98stang Active Member

basically i do agree the manual is FUN but automatic is nice if u do decide stock auto dont shift like a manual it kills the tranny

9. scarface

scarface Guest

^unless you put a manual valvebody in it :)