What should i look for after gears and shift kit are in ???

95pootang

Reaction score
well the 373 are in and the auto shift kits in, this a new feeling for me with the shifts much faster and harder. when im coming to a stop and the gears in the auto are down shifting, it seems im getting a kinda clunk sound rite before i come to a complete stop, now the mechanic said the gears are real tight now so i will experience that feeling. other that that it feels great , i havent really got it on in it yet, he said to wait about 200 miles before really romping on it. so is there any other things i should be listing for while driving. plus what type of speedo gear goes in it, we went from a 18 to a 20 but its still off, any thoughts woud help thanks gil

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i heard to stay away from the speedo gears because they can get chewed up, instead go with a speed calibrator (around $100), did you install the shift kit yourself or did your mechanic do it?

OP
OP

95pootang

Reaction score
no way i would do that stuff , i had my mechanic do it, he was trying to set the speed on the dyno threw the computer, but the computer just kept keeping it at the same speed. and i told him i remembered seeing a speed gear for the autos on the 95s. and sure enough there was , lol so we bought a 20 for it at the dealership , but it must be a higher one because its still off, ive heard it maybe need a 23 to get the rite calibration for the speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online