What should I run in the 1/4 ?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
In a few months if everything goes planned I'll be heading to the track to have some fun.. Mods done: longtubes, full exhaust, cai, 76mm maf, iridium plugs, 9mm wires, screamin demon ignition coil, 4.10s (soon), J&M Rear LCA's.. hoping for mid 14s.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mods done: longtubes, full exhaust, cai, 76mm maf, iridium plugs, 9mm wires, screamin demon ignition coil, 4.10s (soon), J&M Rear LCA's.. hoping for mid 14s.

Plugs, wires, MAF, coil packs, etc are really not worth a damn at the track.

You should be in mid 14's like you said. I can't see you breaking high 13s just yet, especially with a stock aod.

Will this be on street tires or slicks like you wanted?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

You should be in mid 14's like you said. I can't see you breaking high 13s just yet.

True, but I figured to point that out so the car is in tip top shape tune up wise. Not too sure yet.. Slicks might be overkill on a stock hci 5.0.. So maybe I'll go with the happy medium and run street radials on a spare set of wheels for the rear.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I think depending on the tire setup you do go with, low 14s... what track are u going to?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Put it to ya this way.... My first time out on the track was this past year and the lowest I ran was a 13.4........ I have a decent amount more power than you, a rear end built to launch, and a manual lol. I had streets too. Believe me man it's a bit of a depressor when you get your slips hahaha but it's still fun don't get me wrong. I love it. I'm hooked

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I think depending on the tire setup you do go with, low 14s... what track are u going to?
As of now its gonna be these stock street tires.. If I have the extra dough I'll get a set of street radials. Probably Englishtown, where else is there to go? I've never been to the track before.
Put it to ya this way.... My first time out on the track was this past year and the lowest I ran was a 13.4........ I have a decent amount more power than you, a rear end built to launch, and a manual lol. I had streets too. Believe me man it's a bit of a depressor when you get your slips hahaha but it's still fun don't get me wrong. I love it. I'm hooked

Yeah it'll be my first time at the track too. So its gonna be a good learning experience for sure. I will shift with my ratchet shifter since thats when its meant to be used, racing lol. I'm shooting for anywhere in the 14 second range, there's no reason why it would run a 15 lol. I've always wanted to get to the track and just race down and see what I and the car can do.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Good goal to have brotha. Just don't be disappointed with your time is all I'm saying. We drive stock mustangs. Doesn't matter how much work we think we have done to them their still stock haha so just go out and have a blast. That's all I went for. You go with a good group of guys who aren't extremely competitive and you'll really enjoy it. I went with [MENTION=16507]svt slobra[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17922]Berbanator[/MENTION] and dude it was the most fun you could have with a bunch of dudes hahahaha. BS'd.. Raced... It was awesome. Can't wait to do it again

copmagnet

Reaction score

You should be in mid 14's like you said. I can't see you breaking high 13s just yet, especially with a stock aod.

I can see it. especially with gears..

most likely because I have seen it before..

1bad9d5

Reaction score
As of now its gonna be these stock street tires.. If I have the extra dough I'll get a set of street radials. Probably Englishtown, where else is there to go? I've never been to the track before.

yea I want real drags but for now I have these Nitto Invos that me and my father used all up on his Shelby so there are practically like slicks with GT4s on them that im gonna use .... you've never been to the track? oh dam yea your gonna have a lot of fun man... Yea Englishtown is pretty much the closest and I love that place... there is also Atco about 2 hours south of Englishtown which isn't as nice of a place but just as fun lol

EDIT:
Im dying to go this year so let me know, like [MENTION=16906]KillNThrill24[/MENTION] said, always more fun when your with people

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Good goal to have brotha. Just don't be disappointed with your time is all I'm saying. We drive stock mustangs. Doesn't matter how much work we think we have done to them their still stock haha so just go out and have a blast. That's all I went for. You go with a good group of guys who aren't extremely competitive and you'll really enjoy it. I went with svt slobra and Berbanator and dude it was the most fun you could have with a bunch of dudes hahahaha. BS'd.. Raced... It was awesome. Can't wait to do it again
Yeah as long as I hit 14.xxx i'll be jumping like a little kid haha. If its a 15 idgaf, still gonna
be a shit load of fun. Oh yeah mine is far from heavily modded performance wise, just bolt ons.. Biggest kick in my ass I felt was after the longtubes went on, top end was like holy shit is this the same car lol.. Yeah I could have my brother come and bring his fox (which btw I pulled on with a full stereo, passenger and heavier car haha). Maybe i could meet up with [MENTION=18400]1bad9d5[/MENTION] if hes down to go. To me its all about having fun, making new friends and just enjoying it.
I can see it. especially with gears..

most likely because I have seen it before..

Hmm.. Sounds good..

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
yea I want real drags but for now I have these Nitto Invos that me and my father used all up on his Shelby so there are practically like slicks with GT4s on them that im gonna use .... you've never been to the track? oh dam yea your gonna have a lot of fun man... Yea Englishtown is pretty much the closest and I love that place... there is also Atco about 2 hours south of Englishtown which isn't as nice of a place but just as fun lol

EDIT:
Im dying to go this year so let me know, like KillNThrill24 said, always more fun when your with people

Lmao. I've heard Atco is ehh, but Etown is closer and I've heard good things about that track.. And nope never been to the track lol.. I don't race on the streets so track is where i wanna be at. I'll definitely let you know, I'm dyin to go. Probably sometime before the AM show.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've gone down only a couple times (N/A).
But just some advice; Don't be worried about time. You'll likely be very disappointed. Until you get a bunch of seat time only focus on beating your previous time. The first time I went I took off I believe .8s... and that was still pretty shitty. Focus on figuring out the lights and the track. Don't want to be in the finals and screw up the lights. :deeplist:

Excited to finally hit the track again. I'm a horrible driver though. I will need a lot of time, especially to figure out how to launch this thing.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Shit Joe you live near Mike definitely roll with him. You'll have tons of fun I promise you that

+1

Maybe i could meet up with 1bad9d5 if hes down to go. To me its all about having fun, making new friends and just enjoying it.

yea im definitely down to go, im not there for the fastest times, im there for consistency and having a great time that's what really matters

Yeah we'd race and once I hear his turbo spool I'd be like do the jingle do the jingle! hahah

LMAO that just had me dying

Lmao. I've heard Atco is ehh, but Etown is closer and I've heard good things about that track.. And nope never been to the track lol.. I don't race on the streets so track is where i wanna be at. I'll definitely let you know, I'm dyin to go. Probably sometime before the AM show.

yea I usually went to ATCO for the rotary races cause I love watching those... Etown is 100% closer, nicer, and where ive actually raced on.. its hard to have "legit" races anywhere around here on the streets.. but saving it for the track is the best... I wish I went more often.. hard to do no one to go with, and going with your father all the time isn't always the most fun in the world lol