What should I run in the 1/4 ?

joekd

Reaction score
Not sure where in NY you are but I always go to Lebanon Valley drags www.dragway.com

As for your time I am going with at least a second slower then me :)

RichV

Reaction score
High 13s? !! Low 14s? !!

You guys are smokin crack. Maybe a high 14 if all the stars lighn up and a tailwind. A stock headed/intake 5.0 has like no pull over 5000. AOD to boot.

Pull as much weight out of it as possible. Don't text or call your buddies as you make your run, even tho you'll have plenty of time. :)

I'm just giving you shit, have fun. And update how you do.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
High 13s? !! Low 14s? !!

You guys are smokin crack. Maybe a high 14 if all the stars lighn up and a tailwind. A stock headed/intake 5.0 has like no pull over 5000. AOD to boot.

Pull as much weight out of it as possible. Don't text or call your buddies as you make your run, even tho you'll have plenty of time. :)

Come on Rich we were trying to give him tyne benefit of the doubt haha

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
High 13s? !! Low 14s? !!

LOL. 13s seem a little out there.. I don't see why 14s would be out of reach lol. Tell me about it, I would shift at around 5000 lol.. Shit I got subs so that's extra weight.. I could pull those out and the spare tire (put it in another car that could come and hold tools and crap).. Lol i don't know if i can make an instagram video of the run, only 15 seconds per video haha. No biggie man, all in good fun.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pull subs, spare tire, trunk carpet and rear seats are easy to pull.
That's what I do anyways.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I might.. Not sure yet. Whats your input on it?

The computer is designed to shift when the car is making max power in the powerband on WOT. You won't be able to outshift it.

Just put it in drive and let her rip. Shifting it will either slow you down or hurt your motor from letting it rev too high.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Pull subs, spare tire, trunk carpet and rear seats are easy to pull.
That's what I do anyways.
That's what I actually planned on doing.. I can't take off the top of my rear seats since my amp is mounted on the seats. I could pull the bottom of the rear seat out though, thats easy. Spare tire easy, trunk carpet, subs, easy.. Thats gotta be like close to 100 pounds right there if not a little more.
The computer is designed to shift when the car is making max power in the powerband on WOT. You won't be able to outshift it.

Just put it in drive and let her rip. Shifting it will either slow you down or hurt your motor from letting it rev too high.

Ah.. I hear ya, i appreciate the heads up. Traction control isn't in the equation since mine didn't come with it. If I get some street radials I think they would definitely help with traction. How'd you like your 4.10s when you put them in? Nice kick in the ass?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ah.. I hear ya, i appreciate the heads up. Traction control isn't in the equation since mine didn't come with it. If I get some street radials I think they would definitely help with traction. How'd you like your 4.10s when you put them in? Nice kick in the ass?

I love them. If you like 1st gear however, you will be disappointed.

joekd

Reaction score
I'm in staten island. Haha that SRT8 is badass man.. Exhaust work yet?

You are probably a lot closer to Atco then

With this being your 1st time at the track don't expect fast times, leave your car exactly as you street drive it and just go to a test and tune night to have fun

No exhaust on the SRT8, just a CAI, tune and an electronic shift kit so far

Can't wait till the track opens up in the spring, got my new helmet and am ready to go!

joekd

Reaction score
Atco or Englishtown are probably about the same drivetime from the Island

I just meant he will be a lot closer there then going to LVD

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
That's what I actually planned on doing.. I can't take off the top of my rear seats since my amp is mounted on the seats. I could pull the bottom of the rear seat out though, thats easy. Spare tire easy, trunk carpet, subs, easy.. Thats gotta be like close to 100 pounds right there if not a little more.

My bottom half of rear seat is out, my spare tire is gone, and my trunk carpet is gone. I have a 12 in a small single box and an amp too. Still ran a 13.4 blasting Trivium LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online