What should I run in the 1/4 ?

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Naaah probably not but mine was a freakin disaster from the previous owners haha so I ripped it all out

haha oh alright, yea I have to take my spare out period idk why I would leave it in there but I never thought the carpet weighed anything at all.. let alone enough to affect your ET ya know

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
haha oh alright, yea I have to take my spare out period idk why I would leave it in there but I never thought the carpet weighed anything at all.. let alone enough to affect your ET ya know

Yeah no it really doesn't way anything haha. But I pulled my spare and replaced it with my 12. If it added .1 to my ET I could care less. I have a daily driven car so running super duper fast in the 1/4 isn't my top priority ya know? I'm more of a highway runner with the occasional track appearance haha

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yeah no it really doesn't way anything haha. But I pulled my spare and replaced it with my 12. If it added .1 to my ET I could care less. I have a daily driven car so running super duper fast in the 1/4 isn't my top priority ya know? I'm more of a highway runner with the occasional track appearance haha

haha yea I mean I don't daily drive my car just outta pure refusal cause of this weather but when I drive it... shes never seen the track yet and my car is WOT on the highway as well... im sure taking out the spare will be nice... and I cannot wait to take out my back seats, sooner or later I have to get around to it and not be lazy lol

96gt4.6

Reaction score
in my opinion unless your going to completely strip the whole interior, then its not worth taking anything out, heavy sub box would probably be worth it. i also agree with ferocious i would just leave it in drive and power brake on the line to get the rpm's up a bit

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
haha yea I mean I don't daily drive my car just outta pure refusal cause of this weather but when I drive it... shes never seen the track yet and my car is WOT on the highway as well... im sure taking out the spare will be nice... and I cannot wait to take out my back seats, sooner or later I have to get around to it and not be lazy lol
How you liking this rain today? **** lol and I washed mine yesterday...
in my opinion unless your going to completely strip the whole interior, then its not worth taking anything out, heavy sub box would probably be worth it. i also agree with ferocious i would just leave it in drive and power brake on the line to get the rpm's up a bit

Probably right. I would take out the sub box and spare tire for sure. The subs are heavy, 2 - 10'' plus the box.. As for leaving it in drive and going, that will be exactly what I'll do. I'll have to practice a bit before the track and see where the sweet spot is.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The carpet actually does weigh a lot!
I think madstang? Measured the weight of it during his weight reduction.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
How you liking this rain today? **** lol and I washed mine yesterday...

haha my car hasn't left the garage in at least 2 months... shes a dirty pig lol... but my tuner just texted me... hopefully she comes out this week to go to LI t fix the leak and re tune for playtime haha

The carpet actually does weigh a lot!
I think madstang? Measured the weight of it during his weight reduction.

really??? no way... got any idea how much?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
really??? no way... got any idea how much?
I believe iRoush on source is MadStang here?
Anyways he recorded:
Trunk carpeting: 6lbs 5.2oz (not including the side panels I believe, just the rug.)
Spare tire cover: 5lbs
Spare tire: 25lbs
Jack and iron: 8lbs
Leather rear seats: 50lbs

This is on a new edge. It all adds up!

The stuff in the trunk takes literally a minute to pull carpet and spare crap. The rear seats are super easy to pull. You can also remove those side carpet panels in the trunk too.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I believe iRoush on source is MadStang here?
Anyways he recorded:
Trunk carpeting: 6lbs 5.2oz (not including the side panels I believe, just the rug.)
Spare tire cover: 5lbs
Spare tire: 25lbs
Jack and iron: 8lbs
Leather read seats: 50lbs

This is on a new edge. It all adds up!

The stuff in the trunk takes literally a minute to pull carpet and spare crap. The rear seats are super easy to pull. You can also remove those side carpet panels in the trunk too.

yea I don't have leather I got cloth, but that's still 80-90 pounds which is pretty good! I wouldn't get crazy with the trunk besides taking it all out for the track... after the track id probably put the carpet back in and that's it.. but thanks man, this is all good to know

96gt4.6

Reaction score
id like to see someone run back to back, one with the main stuff people pull out and one with it in. i bet you would be surprised how much it doesn't help. say you pulled your subs trunk carpet and back set and you ran a 14.5 i would guess with it all left in you might get a 14.4 the only time i would say that would be worth it is if you run a 14.0 and wanted to break into the 13's

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
id like to see someone run back to back, one with the main stuff people pull out and one with it in. i bet you would be surprised how much it doesn't help. say you pulled your subs trunk carpet and back set and you ran a 14.5 i would guess with it all left in you might get a 14.4 the only time i would say that would be worth it is if you run a 14.0 and wanted to break into the 13's
I bet you'd be kicking yourself if you lost by .1s because you couldn't take 5 min to pull some weight... Its free.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Removing everything from the trunk/backseat area is only cheating yourself. Sure you might save some weight and drop a few milliseconds/seconds but in the end that's not really how fast your car is. Why not just run it how it is instead? That will give you a true and accurate measurement of how quick it is. Saving a few pounds just to put all that stuff back in seems lame unless you're taking drag racing seriously.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
valid points, but the only thing I wanna leave in is the carpet, tire and jack and stuff doesn't need to be there and I want the back seats out forever.. those 50-80 pounds, well ya never know if it can actually help

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Removing everything from the trunk/backseat area is only cheating yourself. Sure you might save some weight and drop a few milliseconds/seconds but in the end that's not really how fast your car is. Why not just run it how it is instead? That will give you a true and accurate measurement of how quick it is. Saving a few pounds just to put all that stuff back in seems lame unless you're taking drag racing seriously.
So you're saying running slicks would be cheating yourself then too?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So you're saying running slicks would be cheating yourself then too?

Read the last 6 words of my post.

And you can't compare tires made for a special purpose to removing entire body parts/trim off a car to shave weight for a single night at the track. Those are 2 completely different things.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well IMO I go to the track to post the best time for me. If that means making changes from street use, then sure! Within reason. Weight reduction is free and easy.

If I can do .1s faster for 5min of work that is free. Sure why not.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you're trying to get the best time, then by all means remove as much weight as you can.

I guess what i'm trying to say is if you wanna see how fast your car is, leave it as is. There's no need to cheat your car.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
If you're trying to get the best time, then by all means remove as much weight as you can.

I guess what i'm trying to say is if you wanna see how fast your car is, leave it as is. There's no need to cheat your car.

Shit man you got a great point. **** it, leaving it in full street trim besides a set of street radials.. Its like weighing in for a football position and using lighter shoulder pads and other other pads so you can be in a better position.. I want to see how fast my full weight, daily driver auto 5.0 can be!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online