what size BBK throttle body

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 94silverbullitt, Apr 12, 2007.

1. 94silverbullitt

94silverbullitt New Member

i was wondering what the best size throttle body would be to put on my 1994 gt mustang 65mm, 70mm, 75mm i dont know if it matter the size or not

thanks for your help

2. 95Grandtouring5.0

95Grandtouring5.0 Well-Known Member

I have a 70mm on mine that works well, your not really going to feel any difference from it, but the more you got done to the motor, the higher mm you wanna go.

3. Trickflow.GT

Trickflow.GT Active Member

dont get a bbk they whistle like tea kettles...

4. Trickflow.GT

i would go with a FRPP one...they come in 65, 70, and 75mm sizes and are all polished

5. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

honestly...on a bolt on car, 65mm is JUST fine. Even mildly modded. If you got the money to spend, Accufab is where its at. As for the Bbk "whistle" its only really a chirp at "tip in" (when you're going from closed throttle to open). I did alot of homework on the quality of them before I bought my most recent one b/c the price was SO right but I'm running a Proffessional Products 75mm on my car. The quality is surprisingly not bad. The only issues I've seen people have with them is the throttle sticks...SHUT. Knock the sharp edge of the blade down with some fine sand paper and call it a day!

6. Z28 This

Z28 This Active Member

the saying is true...you pay for what you get...and you gotta pay to play

7. Downshift

Downshift Well-Known Member

Is the noise thing true for the Fox style bbk/edelbrock throttle bodies? I have one that I got with my cobra intake...

8. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

a tb alone is a waste of money you dont see any real gains... its a mod you do once you beef the rest up then this goes on....but if you want one get a 70mm they seem to be a good street tb and leave room on the table for mods .....as far as profesional products tb.... :nonono: i have heard noting but bad... my friend has one and it always works screws loose and what not he always has to tinker with it and i have heard others say the qualitys not there

9. Midnight_Cobra

Midnight_Cobra Member

The 70mm throttle body was my last mod to the engine and I felt a pretty significant difference, but I did have a H/C/I and every bolton to go along with it

10. trav_19

trav_19 Legend

thats when it counts to upgrade your t.b. ....but alone its kidna a waste unless you are getting ready to do some motor mods and come across one now really cheap then i could see it

11. 95Grandtouring5.0

95Grandtouring5.0 Well-Known Member

They only whistle at a certain point. What i do is I hold it at that point and everyone thinks my car is super charged XD. I love that it whistles how it does, i've fooled countless people.

12. Trickflow.GT

ya i do that somtimes too 8)...makes me feel special lmao

13. AaRoN

AaRoN King Post Whore

if your set on getting one now then i'd go with the 70mm. 75mm would be an overkill at this point.