What size fittings are needed for installing a line lock?

OP
OP
Q

QIKGTS

Reaction score
You will need 2 of those. One for coming out of the prop valve to the line lock and the other to make a plug in the back of the prop valve.

To connect up to the brake lines you need female bubble fittings that convert to 3/16 for the connection to the line lock... If you can find those female fittings you wont have to cut or flare anything so long as you can work with whatever length lines you get for plumbing the line lock...

Clear as mud? If you have any other questions PM me your number and I'll try and talk you through it...

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
ok so i need to convert he 1/8 NPT threads on the line loc its self to 1/4" or 3/16" ?? also does it matter im shopping for a lineloc right now...do i need more then one outlet?? i see some with 3 some with 1??

OP
OP
Q

QIKGTS

Reaction score
I bought the Hurst because it seemed easier to plumb with the all the output ports... As well, the Hurst piece came with fittings to convert the threads from NPT.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I am gonna sticky this so whenever or whoever finishes up their car right way, lets post up a definitive parts list on what exactly is required.

OP
OP
Q

QIKGTS

Reaction score
Here are a few pix with labels that may help someone down the line...

linelockgeneraldiagram.jpg

outputforlinelockfromprop.jpg

porttobeplugged.jpg

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
ok i have been searching and serching and found a way to avoid cutting any of the lines :dancing6: the 12mm -1.0 bubble that unscrew from the m/c or prop. valve what ever it is ... use a FMCI - 4238HP ...its a 12mm - 1.0 union ... so screww it directly on the line that comes out of the prop valve...that goes to each front wheel....then use the edelman brass numbers i posted earler 265000 thats a 3/16 standard brake line to the 12m-1.0 bubble adapter and then you can connect your lines to a standard 3/16 line that goes to the line loc :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online