What the hell is this

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
OK cool i think.. I dont have the smog pump or cats any more.... K here is the deal when i got the car the previous owner already had 2 of the 3 or 3 of the four lines blocked off. The only one not pluged was the red on but it wasnt conneted to where ever it was under the throttle body.. So i was assuming that that red line was for the EGR.. If it is and i can find where to plug it back into ill just do that for now...

Willis

ryclef331

Reaction score
white94gt said:
OK cool i think.. I dont have the smog pump or cats any more.... K here is the deal when i got the car the previous owner already had 2 of the 3 or 3 of the four lines blocked off. The only one not pluged was the red on but it wasnt conneted to where ever it was under the throttle body.. So i was assuming that that red line was for the EGR.. If it is and i can find where to plug it back into ill just do that for now...

Willis

On the intake elbow it self it a vaccum "tree" Should have 3 ports I believe. One for the Fuel pressure regulator, one big one for the brake booster / cruise control and one for that red line to hook to.....make sure that you have the fuel pressure regulator hooked up to there, cap of the unused port and stuff the line in the fender....

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
K ill look tommorrow.. So where the red line should go is easy to see or get to?? Ill post a good pic tommorrow if i cant find it.. You must excuse my ignorance i am new to this doing it myself stuff lol..

ryclef331

Reaction score
It will be just behind the throttle body on the back upperside of the intake where is bends towards the front of the car.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
if i gank the egr valve do i need to make a metal plate? to put in place of it

ryclef331

Reaction score
Yes. You can fab your own. Some guys say that a fuel pump block off plate works great. I've never tried it. When I ran my performer 5.0 intake with the elbow, i made a small block off plate at first. I cut the large lower tab clean off it as it was hitting my valvecovers and it was fugly. I made a small plate, rtv on and held but the one upper bolt. I also used some JB Weld epoxy to fill in the hole on the inside of the intake and smooth it out. Make sure its clean in there and scuff it up a bit and it will stick like a champ.

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Ok i am dumb or just dont get wjat i am looking for.. I can not find a spot for that red line to go.. I laid it bad where it was before i found that it wasnt connected.... So in the first pic you will see where it was...

[attachment deleted by admin]

ryclef331

Reaction score
Ok....um. You're saying that line was laying there right?

Easiest thing...just make sure the 4 things I listed above have a vaccum source. But if you must know....That red line hooks up to a bunch of lil valves in the passenger fender well....looks like this.

Vac_Pass_Fend_02.JPG

this is how it SHOULD go when stock.

Green - EGR Valve
Red - Manifold Vacuum
Pink - Large Diverter valve
White - Small Diverter valve

This is as it they came from the fender. The red line on your car isn't hooked up to the shit in the fender b/c you're ditching your emissions. Rip it off and cap the port. You don't need it. Again, make sure you got the four things I listed earlier hooked up.

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Well then the only ? i have for you now and for give my ignorance but do i cap off the end in the fender or by the intake?? (?is for the red line) And from the looks of things they already had the egr and the other plug up on the little group of lines.. Ill post you a pic of that tommorrow to show what i am talking about..

Willis

ryclef331

Reaction score
white94gt said:
Well then the only ? i have for you now and for give my ignorance but do i cap off the end in the fender or by the intake?? (?is for the red line) And from the looks of things they already had the egr and the other plug up on the little group of lines.. Ill post you a pic of that tommorrow to show what i am talking about..

Willis

You need to plug the one off the intake otherwise, its a vacuum leak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online