What the....???

blackfang

Reaction score
Those are NOT the heads for an 03/04 Cobra, they are Ford Racing Heads and two they are expensive
Same heads here are cheaper by $46 a head.
http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/...roduct_Code=M6049-50T46&Category_Code=46COBRA

If you go with C heads, you need the Intake for it. You can not swap the B heads(96-98) and still use the B intake. That is why those heads in the link you have also have a matching intake for you to buy

OP
OP
Q

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
Interesting.. so wouldn't it be better to just port my heads and get cams instead spending money on the C-heads then getting them ported and getting cams?

Also, how much power have you put down recently? i see on your site you have a vid of your car with a cam.. how much power did you gain off that? Are you running C-heads??

Thanks!!!

blackfang

Reaction score
Quick96Mystic said:
Interesting.. so wouldn't it be better to just port my heads and get cams instead spending money on the C-heads then getting them ported and getting cams?
Well that depends on your goals. C heads will make more power in a naturally aspirated setup. Ported C heads and cams with supporting bolt ons can get you around 370-380 rwhp. B heads will not get you that, but work good with boosted applications.

Also, how much power have you put down recently? i see on your site you have a vid of your car with a cam.. how much power did you gain off that? Are you running C-heads??

Thanks!!!
You got me confused with someone else as I dont have cams. That is a 4V with cams, but unfortunately, it isnt mine:lol:

In 2004 with just a K&N, Mac o/r H pipe and Magnaflows with 4.30's I put down 273/263

OP
OP
Q

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
Oh, wow.. that would be a lot of power.. i'm really looking to see which one i really want though...

I'm thinking of going with an all motor setup with nitrous... but will the connecting rods on my 98 motor hold to 450+ rear wheel horses on nitrous with c-heads, injectors, plus all the mods i have now? (cai, full exhaust, gears, etc)

Or is it worth keeping the heads i have now, getting forged internals and slapping a t-trim with supporting mods?

blackfang

Reaction score
450 rwhp is enough to break the rods.

Honestly, I would figure out what you want to do because both choices would require alot of money and I would go with Forged Internals on a supercharger and a high shot setup.

OP
OP
Q

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
Cool, i'm just gonna get forged internals, put a blower on there and shoot like a 150 shots off the line :khobra:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah