What thoughts did you have when you first got your Stang? What do you think now?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
What thoughts ran through your head when you got your stang? How old were you?
I was 16, and checked out a 2005 GT.. Absolutely the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen in my life.. So I was upset naturally, got home and went on cars.com again.. Found a black on black 95 GT.. My brother was like, they're not gonna let you get a car that old blah blah blah (meanwhile he has a 91 lmfao).. So I talked to my dad and we went to check it out.. As soon as we got there (1.5 hr drive), I saw the car and went nuts.. I was like, its mine, coming home with me now, SOLD. I had a permit, and since that don't mean shit in another state, couldn't drive it. My dad drove, i rode shotgun. He immediately knew it needed brakes and a tune up, but when he mashed the gas.. I was like holy shit that V8, its so fast... Fast forward to a few months later, the realization of owning of a slow car settled in.. LOL. Now that I think about it, I love my car. I'm really attached to it, can't leave the house without looking at it. I've customized it to my liking, and I can be proud of what I drive. I've really grown to have an even bigger passion for cars just because of the one I own. It's taught me a lot, I've learned a shit load of things just by working on it. Can't wait to build the motor and do big things to this car. Thats my story.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I thought......man!!! This thing is a turd!!! Npi 4.6l with 2.73 rears.
I loved it! First car I have ever driven that literally feels like it conforms to the road.

joser714

Reaction score
I was nervous at first when arriving at the dealership. When I first got in I was like Damn the hood is so long. At first I thought Damn this thing is quick lol and had an even bigger smile on my face. My girls step dad was with me and even he liked the car so I was like yup this is the one. I think I was 20 or 21 Idk but this is not my first car and yes I do know a sixxer is no where near fast now

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thoughts when I first bought it: Wow! I'm gonna be the coolest kid in town with this car.
Thoughts now: Wow! I'm the biggest douchebag in town with this car.

04GTChris

Reaction score
When first buying it: what did I just do?

Now: I refuse to do visual mods, I am not a douchebag who thinks he's the fastest shit.

Above118

Reaction score
1st thoughts: Sold the GT...wanted another DD tho...time to get a 6er for DD (keeping the miles on the STI down)
Thoughts now: still a 6er,saving ALOT in gas than the GT....which i spend some back on the car making it pleasing to my eyes. lol

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Holy crap i just got my dream car for $1000!

Now after investing nearly $7000 more, im bored with the car once again, theres not much left to do with it, and my dream car is a supra.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Then: 12 years old. Me and my dad were looking for a fox for a project. Saw it in the paper, went to check it out. It was the biggest piece of junk, but the body was straight lol. Bought it right there and got it home the next day.

Now: no regrets.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I always liked cars and dug mustangs but never thought about getting one, and never thought my family would. After me being the youngest moved out, mom decided she liked the style of the 94 GT which was not even out yet. Surprised me even more when dad said they would go look at them, again they were not out yet - look at what the pics at the dealership? Even more amazing when they put the money down for it and it was delivered 2 months later, the 2nd 94 in my town. After graduating from school and getting a good job I asked to buy it and had it since....

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thoughts when I first got the V6... Wow! awesome car! So happy.
Thoughts shortly after I got the V6 .... What a piece of crap. I should have gotten a GT or cobra.

Thoughts when I first got the red cobra... Great car. Very happy. Money well spent.
Thoughts 2 years after getting red cobra... Great car. Very happy. Money well spent.

Thoughts when I first got the white cobra... Great car. Very happy. Money well spent.
Thoughts 6 months after getting white cobra... This project is going to take longer than I thought.

Firefighter181

Reaction score
I first picked up my 94GT last spring. I had always wanted a 5.0 Mustang, childhood dream. I was only allowed to spend a limited amount as per my HCFO :nono:.

I picked it up for 3500 bucks and spent the whole drive home trying to figure out what I wanted to do to it first, and I bet the top was up for like 5 days out of the whole summer. After a MAC exhaust and x-pipe I don't think I'll ever get tired of the car. I did not want to even put it into storage last fall. Fast forward to now and I cant wait to drive it again. I picked up collector plates for the car, and though it is not a "collector" yet, I hate front plates, and I have always wanted a "collector car".

I have had a lot of toys in the past. Modded 97SS Camaro, modded Ion Redline, modded GTP Grand Prix, very modded GMC Typhoon and I honestly like this car the most as I have always wanted a convertible, and it is just the most fun to drive. Not to sound mushy or anything however my dad picked up a Fox Notch last spring also, and we have been hanging out a lot working on, and talking about cars. My son and daughter are into it also, and love the 'Stangs, good family bonding!

No regrets what so ever. Plus (shameless SN95 forum plug) this is one of the coolest forums I have found over the years, with SyTy.net a close second. Lots of good car people here with a distinct absence of crap talking that is present on most of the other sites I have visited (and I have been around car sites it seems like since the dawn of the internet).

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I first picked up my 94GT last spring. I had always wanted a 5.0 Mustang, childhood dream. I was only allowed to spend a limited amount as per my HCFO :nono:.

I picked it up for 3500 bucks and spent the whole drive home trying to figure out what I wanted to do to it first, and I bet the top was up for like 5 days out of the whole summer. After a MAC exhaust and x-pipe I don't think I'll ever get tired of the car. I did not want to even put it into storage last fall. Fast forward to now and I cant wait to drive it again. I picked up collector plates for the car, and though it is not a "collector" yet, I hate front plates, and I have always wanted a "collector car".

I have had a lot of toys in the past. Modded 97SS Camaro, modded Ion Redline, modded GTP Grand Prix, very modded GMC Typhoon and I honestly like this car the most as I have always wanted a convertible, and it is just the most fun to drive. Not to sound mushy or anything however my dad picked up a Fox Notch last spring also, and we have been hanging out a lot working on, and talking about cars. My son and daughter are into it also, and love the 'Stangs, good family bonding!

No regrets what so ever. Plus (shameless SN95 forum plug) this is one of the coolest forums I have found over the years, with SyTy.net a close second. Lots of good car people here with a distinct absence of crap talking that is present on most of the other sites I have visited (and I have been around car sites it seems like since the dawn of the internet).

I love my offroad X, Mac mufflers and Mac LT's.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Well I was driving all over the valley to find the listing I wanted. I was set on a modular but looked at some pushrods. Everything I found was crap. It seems like the week before I got paid every car on the web was nice. When I got my money they all disappeared. I actually made the decision to buy a 71 mach 1 that need work (all new tires hadn't run in years type thing). On the bottom of my list was a white 96gt it was in Tucson and I was in north PHX..... I made the drive liked the car a lot it was completely stock but the A/C didn't work (which is a big deal).. ... I drove back to the valley to think things over....... I called the guy with the white gt and asked if he would cut 1k off his asking price so I could fix the A/C. He said he thought I was a good kid and knew I was gonna take car of it. Next day drove down there and picked it up. Been happy with her ever since. Fixed her A/C that week and slapped and o/r H and SLP lm1s.... . Been through every set of wheels you can imagine. I am in love with my car still.

The D3V

Firefighter181

Reaction score
I love my offroad X, Mac mufflers and Mac LT's.

MAC has that sound I have always loved. I think it is a bit more unique than other exhaust systems out there, but I see MAC stuff so infrequently here it is nice having something different. No disrespect to the others, exhaust just comes down to a personal preference for me. Just my humble opinion however :thumbsup:

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Holy crap i just got my dream car for $1000!

Now after investing nearly $7000 more, im bored with the car once again, theres not much left to do with it, and my dream car is a supra.

I was floored the first time I got a chance to drive a TT Supra, unbelievable machine! I just could not justify today spending what they are asking/getting for the clean examples (wingless TT Targa MKIV FTW). Your car is gorgeous though, I could not envision getting bored with it!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
MAC has that sound I have always loved. I think it is a bit more unique than other exhaust systems out there, but I see MAC stuff so infrequently here it is nice having something different. No disrespect to the others, exhaust just comes down to a personal preference for me. Just my humble opinion however :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more. I took a chance on the MAC Pro Dumps when I had all stock exhaust (including stock catted h). And it sounded awesome. Everyone does Flowmaster this, Magnaflow that.. Love my MAC's, have more of a pissed off tone and just overall more aggressive imho. I'll never have a different set of muffs on my 5.0

d1mike41

Reaction score
My first thought when I got my 98 was, man this thing sounds good, I got a good deal on it, and I hope no hidden problems arise. I've only had it a month and I am still loving it. It needs a little TLC which it is getting. I have always been into cars, and have had imports (97 Eclipse GST, 86 Conquest TSI, 92 Integra GS) trucks (96 s-10, 01 Xtreme Blazer, Silverado SS,) domestics (92 Olds Conv., 99 Grand Prix GTP,94 Cobra) and vintage muscle ( I still have a 72 Challenger Rallye). I am at the age where I could care less about being the fastest. I just want it to sound good, look good, run good and be what I want it to be. It is fun, and the color suits me. Now if I could only get the money for all the mods I do want.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
the5.ohh said:
I was 16, and checked out a 2005 GT.. Absolutely the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen in my life..

My wife's car is faster than your car, how does that feel?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online