What throttle body should i get

JR98

Reaction score
Im trying to get a throttle body and upper intake plenum for my 1998 mustang gt, there are different brands witch one should i get and what is the difference from 70mm and 75mm and witch one is better or witch one should i get for my car i already have a cold air intake as well.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
the size depends on what you want to do in the future....if you plan to stay NA, go 70mm..if you plan to go FI, go 75mm.

as for brand, they all see about the same gains...accufab makes a great combo, c&l makes a good plenum, and there is always FRPP throttle bodies.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
NA = naturally aspirated

FI = forced induction: supercharger, turbo, nitrous

OP
OP
J

JR98

Reaction score
Oh ok thank you well for sure i dont think im not going to put a supercharger or anything that big so in that cause u say i should go then with 70mm right. but if i dont do anything that big what if i put the 75mm still will it work better or just the same?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Accufab, theres a good article online that i read thats tells and shows you how much better it is.

gt96stang

Reaction score
eh, I've got the 75mm combo on my car.. It doesn't really matter which you get.. "I" would stick with the 75 regardless of mods..

ripper

Reaction score
Ive got an accufab and like it. Heres a little tip though. Before you put it on the plenum take a dremel with a lite abrasive brush and polish the inside. The stock casting is ruff and if you smooth it out it makes beter air flow. You can even take it to a tuner and let him do it. Wont cost much and its worth it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I heard Summit was selling the Trick Flow plenums for $99...
that with a BBK or Ford Racing TB would do just fine.

gt96stang

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I heard Summit was selling the Trick Flow plenums for $99...
that with a BBK or Ford Racing TB would do just fine.

That's the one I've got... 75mm BBk
I've seen pics of the FR TB where it actually starts at 70mm and snakes down to about 67.5mm, so I think that would be pretty much useless..

But if you people are set on getting a 70mm TB, a lincoln aviator TB is actually 70mm and can be had cheap..
http://forums.modulardepot.com/4-6l-2v-tech/94272-alittle-tip-save-you-money-70mm-tbs.html

GDawg

Reaction score
I bought a MAC 75mm TB (new) and hated it. It stuck from day one. I sold it a week later at a loss. Then I bought an Accufab 75mm cause I knew I was going to put in a SC soon afterwards. I also bought a C&L plenum and then after about a year sold it once I got my KB SC.

Accufab is a great piece. Do it right the first time.

OP
OP
J

JR98

Reaction score
Ok Thank You guys i think im going to go with accufab 75mm ill keep u guys post it to see how it went

S

scarface

I had a Profession products 75mm, some people dont like them, but mine was excellent :)

voidfinger

Reaction score
i was about to metion Prof. Products , i know their intakes suck and their plenum isn't nothing much, but how about the T/B, how can one be worst than the other besides looks? I was thinking of going with the TFS plenum and the P,P T/B

ripper

Reaction score
Good rule of thumb with mods is " You get what you pay for"

voidfinger

Reaction score
Yea, true most of the time. But, how in god's name can one t/b differ from another to warrent an extra 200 dollars?

gt96stang

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
Yea, true most of the time. But, how in god's name can one t/b differ from another to warrent an extra 200 dollars?

It's the BLING BLING :pimp:

S

scarface

The PP one was great on my car, fit perfect. I have heard other things from people though saying theirs didnt.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i do understand that PP has problems with their quality control but that is to be espected since its cheap and from china, but why wouldn't it fit right? would it be that the gasket face isn't flat or something?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the PP TB's seem to be good. I did see a few guys complaining about misaligned holes etc. The casting flash can easily be cleaned up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.