What tires do you guys like?

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
I'm eyeballing the michelin pilot sport AS-3 tires. Anybody using them?
Also looking at the Bridgestone RE 970-AS.
These are all season tires.

I do not plan on driving in any snow but occasionally will see 40-45 degree morning temps and most likely will get caught in a rain storm.

I'm mostly highway and city. I do not race but don't mind pushing things to the limit on lets say an off ramp from the highway.

I'm ready to buy but do not want to make a mistake. This is sort of new to me because all I knew was 15" rims with Mickey thompson tires. it was easy I had all the traction I wanted. I never drove in the rain. The car is now a driver so I just do not have the experience with the tire I need. My SUV's have Bridgestone and Michelin.

Am I being foolish not getting a summer tire?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I dd my car from mid-march to november/december on summer tires. Today it was in the high 20's and as long as you arent pushing it too hard it will be fine with summers. Also as long as you take it slow in heavy rain you should also be fine depending on what tire you get. The only tires Ive personally ran are sumitomo hrt z's (do not recommend) and vredestein ultrac sessanta's that I really like. They have great dry handling and do decent in the rain

Win

Legend
Reaction score
The only tires Ive personally ran are sumitomo hrt z's (do not recommend) and vredestein ultrac sessanta's that I really like. They have great dry handling and do decent in the rain

i agree I drove a friends car and loved those vredesteins

I myself have Falken Azenis RT 615 and love the crap out of them. I have driven them in snow and ice up to 80deg when I went to Charleston for a job.

Ive ridden in a few cars that have had he Invo and liked he low road noise of them.

Handz

Reaction score
I had Nitto 555's and they were great for around 300HP

I have 400+ HP now, so I using Nitto NT05s and they grip HARD. Best tires i have had on the street than can handle power and can take corners.

RichV

Reaction score
Pirelli Pzero.

No complaints other than cost. They stick like a booger to your sleeve, but are not cold weather tires. When the street/tire is cold they are very slick.

Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Good Year, etc. All the bigger names' good sport tires will work well. The big compromise will be mileage vs traction, that will be up to you.

RichV

Reaction score
Do you think I would be ok with all season tires like the AS-3. Is it hype?

I have no idea what's important to you as far as tire/traction or mileage/wear. The Michelin is 500 UTQG but anything they have their name on is excellent quality. I've used up plenty of them on my drivers.

From what you described in the OP, you'd be fine with anything. Along as it's black and round. I would get something in the 300-500 UTQG range (lower the # the softer the tire). All season. Then use the sticky tires at the strip.

I got the Pzeros because I found a CL deal with the Brembo wheels, already mounted. I was looking for softer, but was surprised with the grip. The Pzeros are 220 UTQG.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
You'll definitely like that tire. I ran a pair that were worn out for about a thousand miles before I replaced them and I loved them even with them being at the wear bars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online