What to change on a stock SN95 Mustang***

Mustanger

Reaction score
At 70 mph my 94 GT runs 2380 RPM with 3:55's somebody post the 3:73's info please Oh yeah T5 manual trans,.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
At 70 mph my 94 GT runs 2380 RPM with 3:55's somebody post the 3:73's info please Oh yeah T5 manual trans,.

I did some searching around and I guess with a stock engine 355s are perfect for the T5 tranny. The average street driver would not even notice 1 or 2 tenths. The time differences between them would be negligible and that the 3.55s also have their advantages over the 3.73s depending on where or how the person drives.

3.73 will be reving pretty tight by the time you hit the end of the track. 3.55's will allow a couple hundred RPMs of breathing room before having to shift into 5th. .08 difference is less than a tenth if one had the OEM 273's or 308's then pick the steeper ratio.To change 355's to 373's would be a waste of money when talking about a street car application.

410s would give you a really short 1st gear... if talking about the OEM power band it will be short but If you got h/c/i which extends the power band ... it becomes longer

GT3FC

Reaction score
My '98 has done that since I drove it home from the dealership. What's this gasket fix you speak of?

There is no guarantee that these cars will ever become more valuable than they are right now; I highly doubt it. You might as well enjoy your car the way you see fit. After all, as we get older there will always be more days behind us, than ahead of us...

What you can do Is take off the iac and you'll see the gasket gas a huge hole in it... You can do one of two things, either buy an iac restricted plate on eBay ( probably about $5) and put that in or you can buy a sheet of gasket material and make your own gasket. Just play around with the hoke that let's the air through the iac until you like it.. I have heard people say you can just tune the problem out with a handheld sct but I havnt been able to do that so this was the next best thing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online