What to do with my old exhaust - sell cats for scrap, sell h-pipe intact, or what?

PinkieT

Reaction score
Whoever installed the exhaust on my wife's 98 GT must have never passed a welding class or owned a level... I have the old factory six cat h-pipe, flowmaster clones a PO had booger-welded in, and factory tailpipes sitting on the garage floor. I can sell the muffs no problem, but would it be worth listing the h-pipe for sale locally as is, or would I be better off selling the cats for scrap? Any market for the over-the-axle pipes with factory tips?

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Man I feel cheated lol. I got 300 for the cobra cats but I only had 4

joe65

Reaction score
yeah those things are turning into gold now. with emissions popping up in more places you have to have it on to get the car to pass and lots of them are being recycled for metals. Kinda sucks when you go looking for one that you have to have for sniffer test and everyone wants $600 for them. Just saying...

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Funny thing is that you can get high flow aftermarket cats from Flowmaster and Magnaflow for $100 a pop and generics a lot cheaper. My 98s will age out of Ohio's smog check in 2023 anyway, but I still want cats on them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online