What to paint my car...

lsmustangx

Reaction score
As I am just sitting here looking at different shades of gray, black, and white.... trying to find the color i want to pant my 97... I come across a gorgeous engine bad thats candy apple red.... and i thought a metallic gray with a red engine bay would be nice to make my LSX really pop...

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Metallic gray sounds interesting. If you can get the right shade of grey it will really pop.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I hear a 4.6 DOHC with a kenne bell will really make you engine bay pop on top of any color that you stated.

LOL! :thumbsup:

Good luck with the build bro. I am fan of red.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to get a better idea of what base color you want first, then choose a tone.

Sinned83

Reaction score
The charcoal grey of the harley pickups is rad. It might as well look good since it'll probably spend most it's life not running

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
i like mineral gray on the sn95s. your car though, you should probably figure out what you like yourself since youre the one living with it.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ill see if I can get some pics of my coworkers 95, he just painted it a dark grey color. I really like it!

OP
OP
lsmustangx

lsmustangx

Reaction score
Been talking to a guy that painted my dads 65 gt350 and he said he would paint my car the same white as lamborghinis. He explained it as a peal white with purple flake in the sun.. and to do the engine bay in a charcoal grey....

SCHNAKE

Reaction score
I'm a painter so I hate pearl white. I painted my SVO DSG (dark shadow gray) and put a lot of extra blue and green crystal base pearl in it and Dam did it look so sexy. I think Rich V would agree.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i've always loved bright metallic silver with red. wish i had a pic of the silver 34 coupe with red interior, motor and steelies. looked amazing together.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
If you are really going all ape shit with this LS swap and legitamately doing it, just paint the Cadillac pearl on the engine bay and leave the rest of the car primer grey.... Nothing beats a crappy looking sleeper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online