What tuner is everyone running?

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by GTfiveoh, Nov 7, 2014.

1. GTfiveoh

GTfiveoh Active Member

One thing about my car that drives me nuts is the stock ECU. I hate how it hangs the RPM's up between shifts and everytime you put the clutch in you get a little RPM jump. I know the 5.0's are known for having a very poor computer. What tuner are you guys running and do you like it or would you recommend something else?

2. ttocs

ttocs Legend

not known for having a poor ecu just that it doesn't like modifications on the stock tune. I have been dyno tuning mine until now that I don't have access to one, considering going the email rout now.

3. SnakeMedic

SnakeMedic Member

I honestly wish I knew what tune I had... all that is in the car is a "chip" with some unhelpful numbers on it.

4. hotmustang95

hotmustang95 Active Member

The tuner I used only works with Diablo so he installed the chip in my car when it was time. I told him I didn't want max power but rather on the safe side for road racing. He sat there in the car while on the dyno and punched some info on his laptop and ran it a few times. Car runs great and strong on the street and track.

5. Barner1

Barner1 Active Member

Dynospeed Racing in Memphis, TN used SCT on mine. Not sure about all the specifics, but the car runs great

6. 5-oh-MUSTANG

5-oh-MUSTANG Well-Known Member

U can always get a bama sct chip for temporary and then the dyno near by can program a proper tune for you on that same chip.

7. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

The dyno tuner I used likes to use Diablo. Since diablo doesn't support our cars, even though I have obd II, I am using a diablo chip.

Before that I was using SCT with remote tuning from VMP. N/A it worked well, but with the SC I had some many issues trying to get a tune (My data logging & trying to get vmp to send me tunes).

I would recommend getting someone local to tune your car, dyno or no dyno. It's just so much better when you can have face to face with someone and they can have time with your car. Plus support local business. Use the device your tuner recommends, any of the top name brands will work fine.

8. DeepList

DeepList Administrator Admin SN95 Supporter

Diablo

9. GregT94SCC

GregT94SCC New Member

Tweecer

10. Sinned83

Sinned83 Well-Known Member

I have a Diablo. I like it cuz the timing and fuel options are a little easier for the user to adjust. I know the sct has more aftermarket support and I've heard good about sniper but I don't have a pushrod car anymore

11. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I would not recommend this. I got a bama chip and it ran so rich your eyes would water and I was afraid to drive it any further then the dyno to get it fixed.

12. 95opal

95opal Well-Known Member

Looks like the 96+ guys fail to realize there posting irrelevant posts being you have a pushrod lol. If you plan on self tuning look at the moates quaterhorse, tweecer. If your going off the deep end megasquirt. Otherwise a reputable tuner in your area can dyno tune it and burn a chip. If you dont have a dyno in your area and choose to go with a remote tuner stay away frpm bama there junk. Don at lasotta racing is the best in the country with the 94-95 cars, you will need to datalog for him to nail the tune but he can set you up with everything youll need.

13. 2002BLGT

2002BLGT Active Member

Email me at [email protected] , I can fix you up

14. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

I run an SCT dynotune.

our computer is so fickel, I think it's comes down more to the knowledge and thoroughness of the tuner.