What tuner is everyone running?

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
One thing about my car that drives me nuts is the stock ECU. I hate how it hangs the RPM's up between shifts and everytime you put the clutch in you get a little RPM jump. I know the 5.0's are known for having a very poor computer. What tuner are you guys running and do you like it or would you recommend something else?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not known for having a poor ecu just that it doesn't like modifications on the stock tune. I have been dyno tuning mine until now that I don't have access to one, considering going the email rout now.

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
I honestly wish I knew what tune I had... all that is in the car is a "chip" with some unhelpful numbers on it.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
The tuner I used only works with Diablo so he installed the chip in my car when it was time. I told him I didn't want max power but rather on the safe side for road racing. He sat there in the car while on the dyno and punched some info on his laptop and ran it a few times. Car runs great and strong on the street and track.

Barner1

Reaction score
Dynospeed Racing in Memphis, TN used SCT on mine. Not sure about all the specifics, but the car runs great

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
U can always get a bama sct chip for temporary and then the dyno near by can program a proper tune for you on that same chip.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The dyno tuner I used likes to use Diablo. Since diablo doesn't support our cars, even though I have obd II, I am using a diablo chip.

Before that I was using SCT with remote tuning from VMP. N/A it worked well, but with the SC I had some many issues trying to get a tune (My data logging & trying to get vmp to send me tunes).

I would recommend getting someone local to tune your car, dyno or no dyno. It's just so much better when you can have face to face with someone and they can have time with your car. Plus support local business. Use the device your tuner recommends, any of the top name brands will work fine.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I have a Diablo. I like it cuz the timing and fuel options are a little easier for the user to adjust. I know the sct has more aftermarket support and I've heard good about sniper but I don't have a pushrod car anymore

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
U can always get a bama sct chip for temporary and then the dyno near by can program a proper tune for you on that same chip.

I would not recommend this. I got a bama chip and it ran so rich your eyes would water and I was afraid to drive it any further then the dyno to get it fixed.

95opal

Reaction score
Looks like the 96+ guys fail to realize there posting irrelevant posts being you have a pushrod lol. If you plan on self tuning look at the moates quaterhorse, tweecer. If your going off the deep end megasquirt. Otherwise a reputable tuner in your area can dyno tune it and burn a chip. If you dont have a dyno in your area and choose to go with a remote tuner stay away frpm bama there junk. Don at lasotta racing is the best in the country with the 94-95 cars, you will need to datalog for him to nail the tune but he can set you up with everything youll need.

2002BLGT

Reaction score
One thing about my car that drives me nuts is the stock ECU. I hate how it hangs the RPM's up between shifts and everytime you put the clutch in you get a little RPM jump. I know the 5.0's are known for having a very poor computer. What tuner are you guys running and do you like it or would you recommend something else?

Email me at [email protected] , I can fix you up

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I run an SCT dynotune.

our computer is so fickel, I think it's comes down more to the knowledge and thoroughness of the tuner.