What tuner should i get?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wicked is good, especially if Kevin Hand is doing the tunes.

I have Radical Racing near me and Matt Hill when he is home.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Just ordered the SCT x4 7015 from amazon for 310 bucks will be here Monday :D

myk

Reaction score
No I thought you were going to get a dyno tune at a local shop. My mistake...

mineralgreygt

Reaction score
Nice OP SCT is the way to go, I tuned my cars IC vortech setup via email the with Joe from tricktuners. Free tunes for life as long as I don't change the head or rebuild the engine. But as far as cams and pullies go it's free re tune. He also garentees to be within 5% of what you would yield doing a dyno time. They're have been a few guys who confirmed this to be true by going to the Dyno afterwards.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Does anyone know if i leave the gauge mode on turn the car off and leave it parked for a day or so will it drain my battery? I had that problem with my Diablo tuner in my F150, would leave it plugged in and would drain my battery.

Loving it so far, I may need to adjust my shift points for when driving around town.. Also only running the 92 octane tune, was at costco the other day and filled it with theres and noticed the pump said 92 octane, need to check Shell again and see if theirs was 91 or 93..

Also ordered the suction cup mount..

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Does anyone know if i leave the gauge mode on turn the car off and leave it parked for a day or so will it drain my battery? I had that problem with my Diablo tuner in my F150, would leave it plugged in and would drain my battery.

Loving it so far, I may need to adjust my shift points for when driving around town.. Also only running the 92 octane tune, was at costco the other day and filled it with theres and noticed the pump said 92 octane, need to check Shell again and see if theirs was 91 or 93..

Suction cup mount??? Just throw it in the glove box.. nothing serious that you need it on the windshield to constantly monitor!!

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Does your car feel any different?

Yeah i can for sure tell a difference also i hear it making a different sound almost like its really sucking some air, i should probably get my cameras and mics our and try and record the sound doesn't sound bad sounds kinda cool.

Suction cup mount??? Just throw it in the glove box.. nothing serious that you need it on the windshield to constantly monitor!!

Lol, was only like 20 bucks i wanna see if i like having it up there or not, im used to having them always mounted in my trucks.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score

Maybe I don't think it has an auto off.....

myk

Reaction score
I'd be worried about theft or the suction cup inviting a break-in. I certainly hope you wouldn't leave the thing stuck on your windshield? Meanwhile I'll start looking at this tuner also...

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Is there any benefit to disabling the EGR in the tune? Have done some research and am unsure still..

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How is the State inspection in your area? I would fail inspection without it but if you can do it then go for it. It keeps some of the gunk from being recirculated back into the intake.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
How is the State inspection in your area? I would fail inspection without it but if you can do it then go for it. It keeps some of the gunk from being recirculated back into the intake.

No smog checking in my state, ill turn it off thanks!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Then you can get rid of all that EGR ugliness under the hood. When you do your vacuum lines I would go ahead and replace them, then you can rout all that junk out and put the lines where you want them. Also the lines tend to get brittle over time so this is a good time to change them out .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online