What valve springs you running?

AStangThang

Reaction score
Whats up everyone. I went by Randys (my machinest) yesterday to drop off the valve springs for my heads. I wanted to do a quick little test on both the PAC springs and the factory springs. This is my findings:
PAC stage 2 .600" (New)
- seat pressure 95 @ 1.680
- open pressure 260 @ 1.080
Factory PI springs (30K miles)
- seat pressure 58 @ 1.680
- open pressure 160 @ 1.080

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Ive got comp 274 cams, engines pulls great to 6500, and stock springs. If the engine was a push rod, i could see why to get new springs. If the engine were to be forced induced, i can understand the upgrade. The pi head and its heavy valves were designed to float. In fact, their is no possible way the valves wouldnt float. Dig into it alittle more and youll draw the same conclusion

OP
OP
AStangThang

AStangThang

Reaction score
Ive got comp 274 cams, engines pulls great to 6500, and stock springs. If the engine was a push rod, i could see why to get new springs. If the engine were to be forced induced, i can understand the upgrade. The pi head and its heavy valves were designed to float. In fact, their is no possible way the valves wouldnt float. Dig into it alittle more and youll draw the same conclusion
Good info. It's a .555 lift, and boost.

OP
OP
AStangThang

AStangThang

Reaction score
A
Are you running a eddy intake? Do you ever go to Blankenship tuning by a chance? My estimation and Jordan's at MHS is that my combo should keep pulling up to 6,400-6,500, so shift will be a little higher.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online