What would cause this condition

redripper

Reaction score
At the dyno on Saturday my car had the headers glowing a bright red on both sides. The air fuel was at 14.5 which is a little lean. The dyno tuner says that the cam timing is wrong. It should be degreed at 105 and its at 107.5 if any thing it should idle better with the extra two degrees. Ive also heard that this condition is caused by raw fuel being dumbed into the headers and igniting in the headers. This is a NA car no power adder. Ive also been told that it because it an Anderson Ford cam and that they are so touchy that it has to be perfect. Any help from anyone that has delt with this or have seen it and has learned from it would be a great help. Thanx in advance
BRAD

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would say fuel, what size injectors do you have and how much pressure is there?

wiplash

Reaction score
A guy here had that problem where in less than a minute his headers were glowing. Turned out to be a problem with his mass air sensor. Either clean it or replace sensor. And yes I realize this was posted a month and a half ago. :thumb:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wiplash said:
A guy here had that problem where in less than a minute his headers were glowing. Turned out to be a problem with his mass air sensor. Either clean it or replace sensor. And yes I realize this was posted a month and a half ago. :thumb:

there is NO time limit on helpfull info :D

fordtech

Reaction score
Its timing related check your firing order and check if your cam is still lining up with the sprokets and the timing chain you may have jumped a tooth in the chain that would definately cause this problem but check the mass air flow sensor too and too much raw fuel can cause this oops I saw this is a month old

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.