What would I need in order to hang with a stock/minor bolt on new edge GT

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
As for toping out, I do like stretching it out on an open highway every once in a while, it's part of the fun (preference). Stock gears were great for that (thats all they were good for) and after switching to 3:73's I DID notice a difference. If I noticed a difference between stock gears and 3:73's then I'm sure there's a difference between 3:73's and 4:10's (granted, not as much but still some).

You're fox could pull to 6100 because of the H/C/I package.

EDIT: ahhh this quoting is screwing me up lol.

they were a good combo, Edelbrocks package was VERY well matched ;)

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I guess my main point is that I don't think, at least to my knowledge, our cars bone stock couldn't peg the speedo anyway.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I guess my main point is that I don't think, at least to my knowledge, our cars bone stock couldn't peg the speedo anyway.
Mine's hit 140 with just a catback and springs (I think those were the mods back then).

shrades79

Reaction score
i have 4:10's on my daily driver and i love em wouldnt want anything less

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
CanaryGT said:
Mine's hit 140 with just a catback and springs (I think those were the mods back then).

Like I said, not hittin the speedo. :p

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
LIKE I SAID I like to have topend, YOU somehow automatically translated that all the way to pegging the speedo....christ.

When someone says they like catchup, it doesn't mean they like to bathe in the shit.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Eastcoast5.0 said:
CanaryGT said:

Like I said, not hittin the speedo. :p
I believe mine would have...I was up to 147 when I got out of it for being :noes:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
LIKE I SAID I like to have topend, YOU somehow automatically translated that all the way to pegging the speedo....christ.

When someone says they like catchup, it doesn't mean they like to bathe in the shit.

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:

All i mean is if you are racing a new mustang, you probably would not see the disadvantage to the 4.10's. I too love going fast, in fact I had it past the speedo a couple of times. I see both aspects and why you should not have more gear and why you should. If you are ever around my neck of the woods let me know and Ill let you drive my car with the 4.10's so you can get a feeling for em. They are fun but I do have 285 Nittos in the rear and out of first I do have SLIGHT traction problems from a roll. But anyway, my car just have basic bolt-ons so i need the gear to have fun!

Stangbangin

Reaction score
true 4.10's would take away your top end BUT I'm more in the business of acceleration and I think the gear is good for that..

97vertstang

Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
I have 3:73's and some other minor mods and my car was a dead dog at 125
yeah this mustangs arent meant for top speed so even if u have 3.27s u can only go so far. 3.73s - 4.10s FTW :thumb:

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
I have 3:73's and some other minor mods and my car was a dead dog at 125
:dunno: I trap 122-124 in the 1/4 with 3.73 gears and I still have 5th gear

youdontknow37

Reaction score
i just got done advancing the timing on my 95 to a lil less than 14 degrees. i couldnt really feel any difference driving it though

Win

Legend
Reaction score
shrades79 said:
i have 4:10's on my daily driver and i love em wouldnt want anything less

Yeah our AODE's need the 4.10's we need all the help we can get we have a huge beast to get moving. Sorry i am talking Vert's here.

Downshift

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
CanaryGT said:

I have been in my friends car and we topped out the speedo with full exhuast and 373's oh and the windows were all down haha.

In my opinion I wouldnt go higher then 373 if you have a 5.0. I have 3.90s and I absolutly hate them. I have to shift to much and when I am on the freeway maybe its just me but around here to keep up with traffic i am tachin 3000-3200rpms. I have some ford racing 373s right here next to me I should have them in right after Xmas see what happens.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Eastcoast5.0 said:
CanaryGT said:

I have been in my friends car and we topped out the speedo with full exhuast and 373's oh and the windows were all down haha.

In my opinion I wouldnt go higher then 373 if you have a 5.0. I have 3.90s and I absolutly hate them. I have to shift to much and when I am on the freeway maybe its just me but around here to keep up with traffic i am tachin 3000-3200rpms. I have some ford racing 373s right here next to me I should have them in right after Xmas see what happens.

You think you would sell your 3.90's ????

CanaryGT

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Eastcoast5.0 said:
CanaryGT said:

Is his speedo corrected for the 3.73??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online