What would you do?? Possible car for sale?

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Josh I think it really depends on what kind of damage you're talking about and just how bad it is. Maybe some pics would help in making that decision.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We need way more info that than. If it's a bone stock 02 Gt, there's about a million others out there just like it and I wouldn't bother.

Give us more info on the car.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If there's frame damage, who knows what other underlying issues may be present too. The price of those cars have dropped so much in recent years, if it were me, I wouldn't mess with it. Part it out and get something else.

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
The problem with pictures is that I dont think I could show you anything that would show the frame damage ( if there is any, but there probably is)
I think what im gonna do is just clean it up and drive it until im in a better position financially and get rid of it. Its my daily anyway so it would be hard to keep it flawless

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
We need way more info that than. If it's a bone stock 02 Gt, there's about a million others out there just like it and I wouldn't bother.

Give us more info on the car.

It is pretty much bone stock, but im not really in the position to do any major mods anyway, hopfully next week I can get it to a body shop where they can tell me just how bad it is .
It was hit on the front end and it seems that theres alot that can just be replaced in the front if its wrong, it looks like one of the inner fender panels is damaged but other than that I cant see any bending or crinkling or creases, so fingers crossed

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
I say part it out. Like steven said theres a million more out there and probably in better and safer shape!

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
I totally agree but I dont have a way to part it out, its my only car

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it's your only car, then I guess selling it is not really an option either, at least not until you get something else. If it's driveable, just deal with it while you save up a couple Gs and then buy something else. Don't waste your money on fixing it.

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Yea I think your right, I was really set on fixing it but now im not so sure....I took some photos of the frame, theyre on my build thread and it looks pretty bent

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Frame damage as in like the doors don't line up right? Trunk isn't lined up right? Fender is pushed up a bit?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I think your right, I was really set on fixing it but now im not so sure....I took some photos of the frame, theyre on my build thread and it looks pretty bent

Oh boy. If you can look at it and see that it's bent, then start saving money for something else. They're a dime a dozen these days. Your best bet would probably be to part that one out when it's financially feasible because you won't get much for it when it bent up frame selling it whole.

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I would have to agree, if it is stock they are relatively cheap.
Mileage is going up all the time, but there are some good ones out there.

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I was actually thinking about a fox body, ive always really liked them but I know it can be hard finding one in good shape, after this car I really think I could recongnize what to look for, structurally, and im never ever getting another rebuilt title lol

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
Frame damage as in like the doors don't line up right? Trunk isn't lined up right? Fender is pushed up a bit?

well the drivers door doesnt line up right and the frame behind the drivers fender is visibly bent....

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Find a cheap car in rough shape (engine blown, interior junk ....), but straight frame. Then swap everything from your car onto that car.
If its your only car, that might not be practical.

I wouldn't bother fixing it if the damage is bad.

OP
OP
J

Joshblck1

Reaction score
I have thought of doing that and would really love to, and im still gonna take it to a shop and atleast get a quote, its worth a shot, I know that nobody likes to have a frame thats been tampered with but I really love my car

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online