What Would You Do?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
My H Pipe is sitting in my living room on my couch taunting me. I want to have it installed but i don't have the MILs. I've done my research and Ive found that having an o/r H Pipe with no MILs will cause my check engine light to remail on. Of course i plan on getting them later, i just don't have the money now. Is it hard to install the MILs after the o/r pipe is on? What would you do?

d_punch

Reaction score
why do you have to get under the car again when you can do it in one shot.

G

GREG@SN95

the mils prevent )2 sensors from throwing codes... which keep the engine running correctly...

check engine light is more then a light...

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
There is never enough time to do it right, but there is always time to do it over.

Do it one time correctly.

joshs95

Reaction score
ye my check engine light been on ever sece I've had the car which isn't that long the car is completely fine so sece i have an h pipe could this be couseing if so were can i get this part at

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
BOOYAW! I plan on doing a self install this weekend... :banana: I will also try and get before and after video... :bunny3:
100-0041_IMG.jpg

Iceman12

Reaction score
YAY! Good choice, I waited for my MILs too. (they forgot to put them in the box with the h-pipe)

Don't be too worried if your MIL light is on for a day or two even with the MILs on. Took 2 days for mine cut off, and it kept comming back on hot days for a coupel weeks, but eventually stayed off. My guess was the compy had to get used to the modified O2 signal before it would except what it saw.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i ran my X for 3 years without mil elim...it did run alittle rich. I guess the comp added fuel to be safe. Steeda mils have been in for awhile now though. Easier to do it all at one time.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
im going to try and get mine installed this weekend too. ive had my MILs for a while now but i havent had the time to install the hpipe.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Well i got the pipe installed, my cel stayed off for about a week and came on. its been on for a couple of weeks now. Yes it runs rich, the fumes are very noticeable. Is there anything i can do about this?
Now as far as the sound, its wayy louder than it use to be and i love that but I'm undecided about the tone. To my it lacks tone. it sounds more like i have glass packs. I'm thinking of switching to Flowmaster. will the mufflers only bolt into my Mac catback?

Ender

Reaction score
It will smell like it's running rich because you don't have cats to remove unburned fuel, nothing you can do outside of installing a catted pipe. An offroad midpipe won't actually change your A/F ratio, the ecu only uses the readings from the front (pre-cat) sensors for tuning, the rears only check for properly functioning cats and trip a CEL if they are bad/missing. This has absolutely no effect on the way your car runs, you could drive around without MILS forever and it wouldn't hurt a thing.

As far as the mufflers go, you can get a set of Flowmasters and have them welded into your catback. Talk to FryRice and Scarface, they have both run Flows with an O/R H and could tell you which ones sound good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.