What would you do....

Downshift

Reaction score
Ok i have two options as far as intakes go here. There are two people selling cobra intakes and I want to buy one so let me know which one you guys would go for.
1st one is polished and it has been ported he wants 300bucks for it.
2nd one is not polished and it is regular finish. It comes with a 75mm throttle body and a spacer for 400$.

Im not exactly sure what I should do im really torn. I like the polished but I was kinda thinking of painting it black anyway. So let me know what you guys think. Later.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
easy pick, since you want it black anyway, get the set of the intake tb and the spacer all for 400 bucks thats a pretty good deal

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Ya I know thats a really good deal but I was wondering if the one being ported was better then having the throttle body and saving a hundred bucks wouldnt be to shabby either lol. How hard is it to port I could get the tools semi easily. Does it really make that big of a difference?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
im not sure bro, a ported intake....sounds kinda iffy. I would say the one with the TB and spacer, altho the spacer does absolutley nothing.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
That is kinda a tuffy. I took a chance when I bought mine, He said it was ported and polished and I trusted him. It was, thank the lord. The tb and spacer for $400 is a good pirce tho. Good luck on your choice is all I have to say.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Ya I know thats a really good deal but I was wondering if the one being ported was better then having the throttle body and saving a hundred bucks wouldnt be to shabby either lol. How hard is it to port I could get the tools semi easily. Does it really make that big of a difference?

a good port job is worth 10-15hp, I had a ported lower GT40 on my 95 and when it was put on in place of the un-ported one, I could feel the change.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Are you talking 10-15 from ported lower only? If so if I get the unported I might just have to use some free time and at least give it some porting. I get money friday so I will let you guys know what I went with.

G

GREG@SN95

I'd go with the polished

the stock TB is fine until you start making some serious power... not to mention polished looks way better

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Are you talking 10-15 from ported lower only? If so if I get the unported I might just have to use some free time and at least give it some porting. I get money friday so I will let you guys know what I went with.

yea with the lower ported, the guy that use to do my work was a FREAK about smooth ports and air flow from the intake to the heads.......he did a hell of a job

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Guy at work does some pretty good porting so I will probably have him do it and show me some skills haha. Maybe I might pick it up? Im gonna go tomorrow and take a look at both.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Alright so first off these intakes were being sold from two different people at a friend of mines old work. I went over there with him today to talk to them about seeing them and all that good stuff. One guy actually had the intake there at work so I got to see it. It was the one for 300..... it was ported and because it was cheaper I was thinking about getting it still BUT it wasnt polished nor was it even a cobra it was an explorer. So found the second guy the one for 400 and I ended up going that route... wasnt exactly what I had in mind but still not a bad deal to me. He didnt have the spacer anymore and it was a 93 cobra intake not a 94-95 and the throttle body is for a fox but its still in real nice condition its a bbk edelbrock one with the tps on it 70mm I am thinking of just selling that and getting the elbow and trying to find a 94-95 throttle body. Just wanted to let you guys know what route I went. Thanks for the opinions. Later.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.