What would you pay?

schacher94gt

Reaction score

KWClutch

Reaction score
Yeah. Too high for the market. You can buy a built/blown 96-98 cobra for that.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
auction ended :dontknow:

You can get a nice Mach 1 for as much he is asking for his blown 2V

98GTnSC

Reaction score
thats a badass car! i want the tork tec setup and all in my 2v but that is high. u can just about get a termy for 4k more. nice car none the less and looks well taken care of

OP
OP
S

schacher94gt

Reaction score
Ya thats what I said but hes insisted on how its an 15K car easily...my buddy actually just bought a 03 pullied termi for 18k. Im thinking about just offering 12 to see what he does. Whats the difference between a m112 and the Tork tec setup?

snoball

Reaction score
My buddy just sold his solid axle,pullied,03 cobra with 61xxx miles for 15k.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
schacher94gt said:
Ya thats what I said but hes insisted on how its an 15K car easily...my buddy actually just bought a 03 pullied termi for 18k. Im thinking about just offering 12 to see what he does. Whats the difference between a m112 and the Tork tec setup?

if i were you id move on to find something else..
Sure is a nice car but look around you can find better,faster cars for just as much +/-

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
THE POWER UPGRADE MAKES THIS CAR MORE POWERFUL THEN ANY STOCK 03-04 MUSTANG COBRA.

YOU CAN LINE THIS LIGHTWEIGHT 3200LB CAR UP NEXT TO ANY NEW MODEL $40,000+ CAMARO ,CORVETTE , CHALLENGER, CHARGER, MUSTANG, ETC AND WATCH THEM PANIC TRYING TO PLAY CATCH UP IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR. THIS CUSTOM MUSTANG IS ABOVE AND BEYOND THE FACTORY MUSCLE CAR IT ONCE WAS, ITS NOW A SMC(super muscle car)!

:la:

OP
OP
S

schacher94gt

Reaction score
if i were you id move on to find something else..
Sure is a nice car but look around you can find better,faster cars for just as much +/-
[/quote]

Ya Im in now hurry to buy being that Im fine w/ my bolt-on 5.0 I was just looking to add to the stable, but not for a car thats marked up 5k

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Everyone who dumps a pile of money into their car thinks they should get their pile of money back... Just look at our own classifieds.

If you can't do that kind of work, then about 10-12k would be a good price for the car. If you can, buy one and do the work yourself.

I see people with headswapped NPI's, lowered with FR500's on them asking 8, and probably taking 6.. So yeah, everyone think's THEIR car is awesome, but never wants to pay.

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
J.R. said:
Everyone who dumps a pile of money into their car thinks they should get their pile of money back... Just look at our own classifieds.

If you can't do that kind of work, then about 10-12k would be a good price for the car. If you can, buy one and do the work yourself.

I see people with headswapped NPI's, lowered with FR500's on them asking 8, and probably taking 6.. So yeah, everyone think's THEIR car is awesome, but never wants to pay.
I think its funny when people list their car for like $5,000 more than its really worth, complain when people "low ball" them with realistic offers, then turn around and complain again, when the car they want to buy, is either fairly or slightly overpriced.

If you dont want to overpay for a car, what would make you think anyone would want to overpay for the car you dont want anymore?

OP
OP
S

schacher94gt

Reaction score
I agree and yes maybe the car is worth that much a couple years ago but in todays market everything is going cheap, its just the way it is

OP
OP
S

schacher94gt

Reaction score
The guy listed the car back on ebay and tried to pursue me into buying it again and an email he sent said that the tranny was upgraded to handle the HP w/ an SCT tuner. Doesn't that sound odd that a tuner can increase the strength of parts, does to me, or can a hand held tuner actually do that?

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
schacher94gt said:
The guy listed the car back on ebay and tried to pursue me into buying it again and an email he sent said that the tranny was upgraded to handle the HP w/ an SCT tuner. Doesn't that sound odd that a tuner can increase the strength of parts, does to me, or can a hand held tuner actually do that?

no, he is full of sha-poopy. I could maybe understand adjusting the shift points in the transmission with a tuner, but not add strength...
Unless he runs that special royal-purple teflon coated magnesium alloy addative with the Tuner. That seems pretty logical.. :angry7:
Don't bother wasting your time on it.. If he makes up crap, and talks like crap, then he is probably full of crap.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Boosting the line pressure through the tuner is possible, and does add some durability.

However, as a trans guy, I feel like the real way is through the hydraulic magic in the valvebody.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online