Whats a decent HID kit?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
atrainsgt said:
Ok I got my kit mocked up tonight and tested the lights and they look awesome, now for the bad. The bulb housing on the HID's were 9004 instead of 9007 but from the markings on it I assume they just have the 1 type for 9004 and 9007 owners, so I had to grind some notches in the housing, so ok no big deal but I broke 1 of the round push and twist type clamp that holds the bulb and socket into the headlight housing so now I have to dig around in my garage and see if I can find a spare but other than that its pretty straight forward, I'll have pics Monday because I left my camera at work. Thats about it now off to bed....... :thumb:

Guess I'm holding back from doin mine then

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Don't be a wuss go for it :thumb: Real simple mod I just had a pretty bad a headache so my post showed that. I'm going to go finish up mounting everything right now.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
So I guess I will run into the same problem?
I mean you went through that different company then originally listed... think that might be why you ran into problems?

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
It might be a combination of things, but the kit itself is really nice, you have a couple options if you run into the thing I did. Option 1 is cut the tabs out of the headlights themselves which takes about 1 minute or cut some notches into the plastic bulb housing which I opted for.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Just worried about it I guess...

So all I have to do is cut where?

Post a pic so I can see this.. i'ma visual learner

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
this is why im not bothering with hids. too much nonsense. i see fine with my boi clears and fresh bulbs.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have the hi/low 4300k kit from www.stangmods.com and love them! After searching around and listening to a lot of feedback i spent the extra cash for them and so far no issues at all.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Just got back from my test drive! WHOOO HOOO!!!!!! I love them, they really light up the road its amazing, the white lines glow!! I will have to get some pics for you all tomorrow night, I'm so pleased and I spent very little :thumb:

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
atrainsgt said:
Just got back from my test drive! WHOOO HOOO!!!!!! I love them, they really light up the road its amazing, the white lines glow!! I will have to get some pics for you all tomorrow night, I'm so pleased and I spent very little :thumb:

Those links to the pictures don't show the cuttings.. or if they did... I didn't catch on...
Atrain, get on AIM so we can talk.

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Ok some pics
HIDs007.jpg

HIDs016.jpg

HIDs018.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
If I could make my camera do night shots without making them dimmer I would be good.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
so you just cut those three little keys off and it goes right in?
is there any problems with it locking in and comin out to easy?

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
It fits tighter than stock but its fine and no, they are not going to come out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online