whats better for shows!

outlawzzz00

Reaction score
Hey guys just have a question I saved up money for a blower but Im not planning to put it on yet cause of gas prices going to high right now. I still wanna show my car thou in car shows. I saved a lil more money and what do you guys think is better buy a tv for the car or get new brakes. I was thinking the cobra convertion kit.
2 things in my head:
1. Why waste my brakes when I dont have that much hp right now. Just put it when I get the blower
2. why waste on show when theres no hp. looks fast but its slow!

Thanks for any advice!

white98stang

Reaction score
go w. brakes.... im not feeling the tv go w. looks especially w. a V6 because your not going to get to much hp or torque of any mods besides that blower u got im sure you can take it to some stock GTs and even modded GTs, but since you got your blower work on some outside appearence... good luck im sure you will make the best choice

v6mustang94

Reaction score
All show and no go is lame in my opinion. And even if you have the go, show is still pretty lame if you do too much.

Just my two cents though.

white98stang

Reaction score
go is good but why spend a lot on a low platform such as a v6, if you want go get a 8 but show can be used on all cars cant go wrong with it

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
white98stang said:
go is good but why spend a lot on a low platform such as a v6, if you want go get a 8 but show can be used on all cars cant go wrong with it

the v6 is a fine platform, its easy to make power with it. All go and no Show IMHO

but if you want to be a show car be a clean car. dont do anything too extravagant.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
Teal_Beast said:
white98stang said:

the v6 is a fine platform, its easy to make power with it. All go and no Show IMHO

but if you want to be a show car be a clean car. dont do anything too extravagant.
the v6 is a pretty good platform cause i mean look what teal_beast did to his O0

Teal_Beast

Reaction score
white98stang said:
yea but that takes quite a bit of money

would be pretty much as much as it would have been to do it toa GT depending on the GT and the methods.

Honestly the faults in the v6 platform arnt obvious untill you go past the limits of the stock rotating assembly, that or past 600whp. . .

The only other fault is that it isnt good all motor . . . you wont be able to make much more then 270whp with a N/A v6 without getting too crazy,
Furthermore, they dont respond well to bolt ons in N/A form . .

but consitering the lower cost in insurance, gas, and the lower cost of the car itself vs a GT or Cobra, you can easly surpass your v8 brethren with the same money.

Hell, a stock split port (99-04 motor) on a manual transmission give some stock 5.0's a run for there money.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Teal_Beast said:
The only other fault is that it isnt good all motor . . . you wont be able to make much more then 270whp with a N/A v6 without getting too crazy,
Furthermore, they dont respond well to bolt ons in N/A form . .
That sounds like the V8! lol.

Brakes are a great upgrade to any mustang, and it makes the car feel much nicer. they look nice, and when you need to stop fast, they're Great!

SonicStang

Reaction score
Brakes. I have some TVs at home and I don't want one in my car. TV makes me go gaga!

9psi 98

Reaction score
you better save some more of that money for the blower install. A bunch of crap that needs done after you get it on come up and you don't want to have a dry bank account. You're gonna need that thing tuned, which isn't cheap if you do it right.

NERD

Reaction score
Super charger... My tuner has a kit for v6's that he makes, he'll give you 300 to the wheels 100% or your money back all for 3grand... That includes a dyno tune and everything!

dapack69

Reaction score
white98stang said:

I beg to differ.

white98stang

Reaction score
last month i was in a car show and won in 1994-98 stock class and i won... btw i beat out all gts and i have intake and exhaust so it doesent take much just a clean good lookin car...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online