What's in your trunk? PICS?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood why people don't understand it and face them backwards.

But of course most people don't understand how sine-waves actually work and the distance it takes for low end frequencies to become fully audible and at its peak efficiency.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Now... what do you know about transduced sine waves? You building woofers in an anechoic studio or sumtin?

Lanter

Reaction score
Nothing but a battery box.

IMG_00415.jpg

Ballistic

Reaction score
yes facing the back of the car you will be surprised will make a difference.

Don't think I'm able to do that with my current box, and did not want to build or have one made so i got that one thats really made for a under a rear truck seat.

Ballistic

Reaction score
I either like them facing back, or down myself.

I may try flipping it then. Got a friend later helping me install the 2nd battery in the rear for my system. Its pulling too much for it to keep up at times.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
facing up tends to cause a lot more rattles. If you can face it down and try to leave 4-5" of space under it and you will probably be surprised how much it changes the sound.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
facing up tends to cause a lot more rattles. If you can face it down and try to leave 4-5" of space under it and you will probably be surprised how much it changes the sound.

I can't remember the physics behind it but it was something like a 40hz note is actually just so long that it needs the reflection off of the back of the car in order to really propagate the entire signal. I think that was it.....

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Problem with that is the box has to have the same air space required as a ported enclosure sense you are basically now making a bandpass style enclosure.

You've essentially made a slot ported style. We used to build those at the shop for suv's who a)didn't want anything seen and b) didn't want to lose usable space

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online