Whats My Cobra Worth?

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Thinking about selling it... Owned the car about 15 months now and just about everything on the car has been replaced or upgraded. The car needs paint bad and some minor interior work as most SN95's.

Here is a little run down on the car.

1997 Pacific Green Cobra, Just rolled over 100k Miles.
Has less then 5k Miles on the Aftermarket parts listed below.

ENGINE/ PERFORMANCE & DRIVETRAIN:
Stock Long Block
Short runner intake manifold
JLT Cold Air Intake
Prothane Poly Engine Mounts
C.O.P Conversion Harness
Mark 8 C.O.P Specific Valve Covers
IMRC Delete
EGR Delete
Pacesetter Long Tube Headers
PAcesetter O/R X-Pipe
Stainless Steel Magnaflows
2.5" Pypes Turndowns
Walboro 255 Fuel Pump
24Lb Injectors
80MM MAF
Optima Red Top

EDELBROCK NITROUS KIT:
NOS 10Lb Bottle
ZEX Bottle Brackets
NX W.O.T Switch
NOS 24" Nozzel lines with NOS Nossel
Edelbrock Solenoids good up to a 200Hp Shot.
Car is currently Jetted for 140Hp @ 750Psi Bottle pressure.
Automatic Transmission Swapped with 4R70W
Lokar Billet Flexible Dip Stick
Road Runner 3600 Rpm Stall converter
Brand new Transmission mount
1996 Gt Auto ECU, Harness and Tranny Harness
1996 Gt Auto shifter with 5 Speed leather boot
Remote mount Tranny Cooler
8.8 Rearend has welded Axle tubes
Painted entire rearend Satin black
Brand new FRPP Track Loc Differential
Ford 4.10 Gears
Perfect Launch 8.8 Diff Girtle/Cover
Brand new Axle Seals

CHASSIS/ SUSPENTION & BRAKES:
QA1 Tubular K Member
UPR Tubular A Arms
UPR 14-175 Coil Overs
New Monroe Front struts
Tubular Sub Frame connectors
Front Sway Bar Deleted
Prothane Off set rack bushings
Factory Five Tubular Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Greasable poly bushings.
Prothane 8.8 Rearend upper housing bushings
Rear Srpings are stock V6 Springs with 1 Coil cut (Helps for weight transfer)
Still has the Original 13" PBR Cobra Brakes up front
Rear brakes have been converted to the slightly smaller GT brakes to clear 15" Wheels
Front Brembo Pads installed about a year ago
Both Front wheel bearings have been replaced

INTERIOR & EXTERIOR:
B.O.T Smoked Headlights & Corners w/ 6000k HID's
B.O.I Smoked Fog Lights w/6000k HID's
COBRA Black Rear Bumper Incerts
Cobra Front Grill Emblem
Rear Wing Delete
Gas Tank cover painted Gloss Black
Windows tinted 20%
Trunk Rubber Gripper Mat
98+ Center console with cup holders
Original Radio/ Cd Player and Mach 460 System still works great
Adjustable Shift Light mounted on steering colume
Adjustable RPM Activated "Window Switch" For the Nitrous mounted on shifter bezel.
O.E.M Ford Black Floor carpet
Rear Seats have been Replaced with Mint cond. Saddle leather seats
Fronts show there age and will need to be replaced soon.
Oil gauge stoped working so i installed a digital oil pressure gauge
Autometer Dual gauge pillar pod

WHEELS AND TIRES:
Wheels are 18" Polished Aluminum Saleen Wheels By. Wheel Replica
18x10 Rears w/ 305-40-18 Nittos 555R's 40% Tread
18x9 Fronts w/ 245-40-18 Fedrals 90% Tread

Here are a few Cell Phone pics of the car as it sits now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
if i were looking to buy, i'd be willing to pay anywhere under 9500 or so. but i'm just a stupid kid, so what do i know. lol

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I think my old FS thread is still up in the classifieds. I sold my car for just under asking price. Should give you a decent gauge of the market.

Nacho98

Reaction score
Put it out there for $5500 and be happy in the mid $4ks.

Pacific green is strike one, wasted paint is strike two. The tan interior is strike three for a lot of people, myself included. While colors are subjective, the wasted paint shows it's been neglected, and given the parts list, buyers know it's been ragged hard too. No offense, but I don't really see a whole lot of reason to pay more than $4k for that car, even if it's a Cobra.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I'd list it for $9K but realisticly you may only get $6.5-7k. I like pac green. Just because nachocheese up there doesn't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like it. The repaint might scare off some people though. Lots of nice modifications (PS when did all those mods happen??? I still remember when you were talking about imrc deletes I think), they might scare some away like nacho up there. I'd say remove the nitrous kit and you'll have a better time selling it since that might scare someone away.

Why do you feel like selling it?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score

Pacific green is strike one, wasted paint is strike two. The tan interior is strike three for a lot of people, myself included. While colors are subjective, the wasted paint shows it's been neglected, and given the parts list, buyers know it's been ragged hard too. No offense, but I don't really see a whole lot of reason to pay more than $4k for that car, even if it's a Cobra.

Das auto .... Is strike 1,2,3

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Franky would be lucky to get 7k for it honestly. High 5's maybe 6.

Ragged hard is an understatement, lol.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Anyone else's race oriented Stang wouldn't be labeled as ragged on nearly as much as franks so wtf is happening here

TanTop94

Reaction score
Its always a hard truth for our cars..there isnt really a market for them. I love your car, but 5-6k seems right where it would be. Youd almost be better parting it and selling it to us, but thats no fun especially after building it up.

RichV

Reaction score
Around $6-7 tops out here. You've prolly got much more in it.

So why buy, modify, then sell so quick? Seems like you would be in a much better position if you just bought, enjoy, then sell. Putting $ into it for such a short timeframe will surely be lost. Not that modding any car is a money maker, or braking even.

KidK9

Reaction score
Mid 5's. But why sell it? At that point, just keep it and go get something else. The extra 5K isnt going to make that big of a deal in your pocket. Keep the damn thing and keep building it.

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score

I think the paint shows its 16yrs old and its a Fl car. Fl cars are always 100% rust free but the "sunshine state" eats your paint if its not garage kept

What makes it ragged to hard? Rearend was just rebuild last week. Tranny is getting rebuilt next week. Car has been to the track 4 times in 15 months and it runs consistant 13.50s @ 103-104mph. Car has never seen the use of nitrous yet as I drive to work daily 60 miles down the highway I try to take it easy.

02GT

Reaction score
i think you'd get 7 for it easily. Be patient though SN95s take a specific buyer.

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I'd list it for $9K but realisticly you may only get $6.5-7k. I like pac green. Just because nachocheese up there doesn't like it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't like it. The repaint might scare off some people though. Lots of nice modifications (PS when did all those mods happen??? I still remember when you were talking about imrc deletes I think), they might scare some away like nacho up there. I'd say remove the nitrous kit and you'll have a better time selling it since that might scare someone away.

Why do you feel like selling it?

Every month I throw parts at the car, everything under the car is new and just replaced everything. Only thing I have not touched was the paint and front drivers seat that I want to replace.

Im burned out, tired of turning wrenches and countless hours and money into a car and I never have money or time for other things in life that I would like to do.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Prices vary quite a bit based on where you're at and whether there's a market for these cars. Around here (midwest) you'd probably get about $6k-ish for it.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
find a cheap painter and sell it for $6,500...keep it like that and sell it for $4,500 :(

guys will shoot your car with base and clear and a decent job for bout $800 around here, lol. would'nt be perfect but yo paint is hit homie :p

ProKiller

Reaction score
i'd say around 7k for it. its a nice list of parts you got there but the paint will detract a little bit from what it could be.

chrisv_10

Reaction score
What makes it ragged to hard? Rearend was just rebuild last week. Tranny is getting rebuilt next week. Car has been to the track 4 times in 15 months and it runs consistant 13.50s @ 103-104mph. Car has never seen the use of nitrous yet as I drive to work daily 60 miles down the highway I try to take it easy.

13.50 on spray!?!?

Tapatwerkin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.