What's the deal with Five8 SS Sport Coilovers?

Shocker6

Reaction score
As I'm in the market for coilovers, I thought this kit was the one for me with price and the adjustability i wanted. Thing is, they're sold out everywhere. I sadly went to ebay and bought a set only for the seller to cancel my order of $760, refund me

and re-post the same kit at $4,760!!!!

Is this the second coming of Coilover Jesus?

Is there a comparable set?

What am i missing here besides patience and the $4760 Ill never spend

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I’ve never heard of that particular brand. I’ve heard good things about Feal, KW and can personally attest to Griggs Racing & Maximum Motorsports working well.

OP
OP
Shocker6

Shocker6

Reaction score
it really is...and I'm all about the brands listed by white but I'm forced to go on a budget for the time being. shooting for solid full height adjustable coilovers to mess around with and get that right stance i envision. i dont want to spend on a kit that only gets me less

than 2" drop. im actually ok with lowering springs for now until i go full on with a high end setup. the current stance and wheels just continue to drive me bananas and lose sleep.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I installed a set of BC Racing coilovers on my sister's Chrysler 300. They are holding up well.
I'm sure they make a set for your car too. I think she paid about $1000 for the full kit

07GtS197

Reaction score
How low do you want it? I wouldn’t go more than 1.5” myself. I’ve ran Steeda sports and that’s as low as I’d go.

Apples to oranges but I have coilovers on my 17 gt and it’s slammed. It handles great but damn it’s a harsh ride. You feel every bump. If it’s just for looks then I’d pass. I bought the car with them installed otherwise I probably wouldn’t have them.

OP
OP
Shocker6

Shocker6

Reaction score
How low do you want it? I wouldn’t go more than 1.5” myself. I’ve ran Steeda sports and that’s as low as I’d go.

Apples to oranges but I have coilovers on my 17 gt and it’s slammed. It handles great but damn it’s a harsh ride. You feel every bump. If it’s just for looks then I’d pass. I bought the car with them installed otherwise I probably wouldn’t have them.
off the top of my head (car is in shop) I'd like the option to get the rear down up to 3" to get the stance even with the front regardless of which way i go with the front end, ie Cobra R front, splitter, etc, etc. A tasteful small touch of camber to tuck a little under the rear.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
off the top of my head (car is in shop) I'd like the option to get the rear down up to 3" to get the stance even with the front regardless of which way i go with the front end, ie Cobra R front, splitter, etc, etc. A tasteful small touch of camber to tuck a little under the rear.

That camber in the rear might be a problem with a solid axle lol.

H&R SS's or Eibach Sportline's without ISOs are going to be on the lower end of the spectrum as far as ride height. Just remember you'll need a set of decent shocks, Fox length isn't a bad idea at that height, and a set of C/C plates to top them off and get the front end in alignment. I'd go that route way before I'd go with lower quality coilovers.

OP
OP
Shocker6

Shocker6

Reaction score
That camber in the rear might be a problem with a solid axle lol.

H&R SS's or Eibach Sportline's without ISOs are going to be on the lower end of the spectrum as far as ride height. Just remember you'll need a set of decent shocks, Fox length isn't a bad idea at that height, and a set of C/C plates to top them off and get the front end in alignment. I'd go that route way before I'd go with lower quality coilovers.
Thank you VERY much for the heads up about the camber. This is my first build and I know I will make mistakes along the way. Trying to make them minimal and inexpensive

I checked out those H&Rs and sportlines months ago and iirc the rear drop was roughly 1.4"-1.7" or so. I just checked out the BC coilovers and their extreme low kit...looks good. Around 1200usd....is that still considered "lower quality" coilovers? I ask because its easy

to get in over 3k for coilovers with kenny brown, MM. etc. I have to reel myself in sometimes realizing this is a vert and will never see the track.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
You're probably looking at the motorsport shocks which are crazy expensive and I wouldn't bother with them.

At your desired 2" drop, the alignment will surely change, you'll have crazy angles with the control arms and tie rods, the car will bumpsteer badly, the wheels might rip out the splash guards on hard bumps, and in general the car will ride very poor. To go low properly, more than just coilovers is required.

You could get away with it indefinitely, just depends on how long you're willing to sacrifice all those other things.

oilspill

Reaction score
Thank you VERY much for the heads up about the camber. This is my first build and I know I will make mistakes along the way. Trying to make them minimal and inexpensive

I checked out those H&Rs and sportlines months ago and iirc the rear drop was roughly 1.4"-1.7" or so. I just checked out the BC coilovers and their extreme low kit...looks good. Around 1200usd....is that still considered "lower quality" coilovers? I ask because its easy

to get in over 3k for coilovers with kenny brown, MM. etc. I have to reel myself in sometimes realizing this is a vert and will never see the track.
Check out Feal Suspension, they are a little more than BC but are a true rear coilover instead of an adjustable perch.

I have them and so far so good.

joemomma

Reaction score
I'm on Sportlines (with isolators in place) and KYB shocks/struts sitting on 17" Cobra R reps. I'd like to go just a touch lower, so I may remove the isolators at some point. It's pretty low now, and the ride is firm. I wouldn't say harsh, but you definitely feel the road. Pic for reference:
kWUwUI3.jpg

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'm on Sportlines (with isolators in place) and KYB shocks/struts sitting on 17" Cobra R reps. I'd like to go just a touch lower, so I may remove the isolators at some point. It's pretty low now, and the ride is firm. I wouldn't say harsh, but you definitely feel the road. Pic for reference:
View attachment 23598

That looks slightly lower than my car when I was on the H&R SS with stock isos.
DSCN7635.JPGDSCN7659.JPG

joemomma

Reaction score
Best I remember the front is 26" at the wheel center line, and 27" at the rear.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
damn $4700 I would be checking out air ride :) I thought my
View attachment 23598
if you only want a hair lower I would pull the iso's and just wrap the bottom loop with a few wraps of electrical tape to help reduce noise

joemomma

Reaction score
Yeah that's the plan, at some point lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online