Whats the most restrictivest part on our Non-PIed motors??

97blackgt

Reaction score
no thats actually RWHP..i wish i had the dyno sheets to prove it since noone believes me, but i didnt bother getting them because i dynoed at my school and the teacher was in a hurry

anyways i hope to put it back on sometime soon and see how much i gained from the mods in my sig, and ill make sure to print out the dyno sheet next time

and btw do u know the cost of a machine shop to check the heads out for you? J/c

voidfinger

Reaction score
not a clue man, sorry. But that must not have been a loaded dyno......that thing couldn't have made that stock on a loaded dyno..........

97blackgt

Reaction score
actually that thing did...its a mustang dyno, and it gets recalibrated every year

theres only a handful of cars that are on it (i would guess 1-2 cars a week at the most)

so i think i must have got a factory freak or something? only "mods" were flowmaster weld ins and a kn air filter

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
NPI heads are complete crap...

No they aren't...go back to the section you belong in and don't post about stuff you know nothing about.

voidfinger

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
GREG@SN95 said:

No they aren't...go back to the section you belong in and don't post about stuff you know nothing about.

Dang man, little harsh huh? They arn't complete crap, with work they can flow and flow decently well. But then find an intake that fits up "RIGHT" and you have a good flowing combo. But the problem is in "Stock Form" What greg said is true. I even think PI heads are crap and they make "some say" 10hp more than the npi's. I'm not talking trash about them, since i have them now, but i'm just stateing the obvious "in stock form the heads are not the best and are close to the bottom of the pole in flow numbers". :eek:uttahere:

G

GREG@SN95

voidfinger said:
DropTopPony said:
GREG@SN95 said:

Dang man, little harsh huh? They arn't complete crap, with work they can flow and flow decently well. But then find an intake that fits up "RIGHT" and you have a good flowing combo. But the problem is in "Stock Form" What greg said is true. I even think PI heads are crap and they make "some say" 10hp more than the npi's. I'm not talking trash about them, since i have them now, but i'm just stateing the obvious "in stock form the heads are not the best and are close to the bottom of the pole in flow numbers". :eek:uttahere:

yes... They are crap...

On just about every American smallblock / modular block... heads are the most restrictive part...

96 was the first year ford used the 281 in the mustang... It made the same HP but less TQ then the 5.0s...

In 99 ford put in the PI heads which made a huge difference...

If you like the the stock NPI heads and think that they are great then fine... but I disagree...

smasher41

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for romeo Pi heads i got some f/s/t in the classifieds section.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
voidfinger said:
DropTopPony said:
GREG@SN95 said:

yes... They are crap...

On just about every American smallblock / modular block... heads are the most restrictive part...

96 was the first year ford used the 281 in the mustang... It made the same HP but less TQ then the 5.0s...

If you like the the stock NPI heads and think that they are great then fine... but I disagree...

Sorry but the heads are not the restriction in the 96-98 intake tract... but those of you with no actual experience with 2V's only know what you read and most of what you read is false.
The NPI heads flow as good or better then the PI on the Intake side but fall behind on the exhaust which is easily corrected.
In 99 Ford did more then put on new heads they put on new Intake/Cams/and bigger valves and higher lift springs...do the same to the NPI and they are the equivalent to PI without the raised compression.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
GREG@SN95 said:
voidfinger said:
DropTopPony said:
GREG@SN95 said:

yes... They are crap...

Sorry but the heads are not the restriction in the 96-98 intake tract... but those of you with no actual experience with 2V's only know what you read and most of what you read is false.
The NPI heads flow as good or better then the PI on the Intake side but fall behind on the exhaust which is easily corrected.
In 99 Ford did more then put on new heads they put on new Intake/Cams/and bigger valves and higher lift springs...do the same to the NPI and they are the equivalent to PI without the raised compression.

couldn't of said it better... Now i need to get my P&P SVO heads out of storage in florida and stick them on my current motor :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online