Whats The Price?

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
the 3v isnt as potent as the 4v.....
look at a stock supercharged 3v and a stock supercharged 4v, the 4v makes more power;
the variable cam timing helps, but doesnt make up for the intake valve it doesnt have,
not to mention 3v engines are just as friggin expensive as a 4v in a reality,
just look on ebay or anywhere else, since its newer the price is a little higher.

G

GREG@SN95

1996mustangGT said:
the 3v isnt as potent as the 4v.....
look at a stock supercharged 3v and a stock supercharged 4v, the 4v makes more power;
the variable cam timing helps, but doesnt make up for the intake valve it doesnt have,
not to mention 3v engines are just as friggin expensive as a 4v in a reality,
just look on ebay or anywhere else, since its newer the price is a little higher.

idk bout that...

theres several people at mustang boards that did the swap... they did the 3v because it was ALOT cheaper...

Otherwise they would have done the 4v...

You put your buck where it counts... and evidently the HP/$ with a 3v > HP/$ with 4v

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah on ebay a NEW
as in no mileage 03 cobra engine went for around 5K...
if i had the money i would be telling you i got it, but it came with e engine and transmission.
you just gotta be on the ball if you want something off ebay.

voidfinger

Reaction score
well i'm doing the 4v swap and i've got the mark 8 motor for 300 and the cobra intake for 250 and the other stuff like t/b and fuel railes and intake tubing and maf for 50 bucks. O yea and the wiring for 200 with the computer. So i don't know, i think that the 4v is way cheaper, you just got to know where to get stuff and be a smart shopper IMHO

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
well i'm doing the 4v swap and i've got the mark 8 motor for 300 and the cobra intake for 250 and the other stuff like t/b and fuel railes and intake tubing and maf for 50 bucks. O yea and the wiring for 200 with the computer. So i don't know, i think that the 4v is way cheaper, you just got to know where to get stuff and be a smart shopper IMHO
my man! smart guy right here.. 4v O0 .....

standard PI swap and ull rape 96-98 cobras all day long? ide love to see it.. besides that most cobras arent stock anymore will just outrun you period...

who made the comment that the cobras dont have near the HP that ford said we do? L....O....L.... get this, either does your car!
Its called drivetrain loss... 305 X the right %= about 265 to the wheels.. so yes your correct, but seeing as ford gave the HP for the engine and not to the wheels....makes a little bit of a difference...

Now i dont know much about forging ur engines but seeing as im sure its close to the same... It might just be cheaper to do ur PI swap, forge the engine, then save a lil $$$ and throw on a SC and run some high boost with a 150 shot....
But u get what u pay for, apparently a 3v swap is a little cheaper and gives you some nice power from what people are saying, i wasent aware people started the 3v swap yet(which would be alot nicer in our cars and not the giant boats, plus our cars are sexier.. but shhhhh)
the 4v is probably more expensive BUT.. u pay for what u get.. personally i love my block, dunno about you guys, but its damn near bulletproof.. i also love my crank that i will never have to replace.. i dont have to worry about cams for quite a long time unless i feel like it... and my plenum? HUGE! maf- dont have to change unless im goign FI...
yes mods are more expensive for the motor siince its 4v an all... but your paying for that extra potential when u add something to the motor...

and yes technically our internals(screw ford) cant handle much of 500hp... but my freind is SCed and is accidentally lol, running 13 psi and is a lil over 500 to the wheels i believe and he has been for quite some time...

in all relativeness.. its pretty much what you can afford,in the short and long run, and what you really feel like doing to your car..

voidfinger

Reaction score
Shifty Powers said:
and yes technically our internals(screw ford) cant handle much of 500hp... but my freind is SCed and is accidentally lol, running 13 psi and is a lil over 500 to the wheels i believe and he has been for quite some time...

so is your friend running the stock compression on his cobra ??? cuz 13 psi sounds like a lot for 10 or so to 1 compression. But if so more power to him. :eek:

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
ahhaha yea he is... it was meant to be 8 psi but dont ask, somehow hes running 13... hes waiting to get his car retuned back down to 8 with the most power he can push to save his engine until he can forge it.. then hell up it again....

voidfinger

Reaction score
i got ya thats what i'm planning to do to mine in the future. I rode with a dude in his 98 with a six speed and a vortec s trim with after cooler and that car bout made me shit my pants it was so flippen awsome, but then again i hear these cars do really well with a turbo lol :rockyou:

SlickGT

Reaction score
Check out karkraft.com. They sometimes have used cobra engines for sale.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It does take money, and it is relative.

the 3V has the same old ford problem. weak rods.

The 2V is a condtener.
I'll have results soon. realistic, loaded dyno numbers.
It's not cheap, but it's a lot less than buying a new cobra!

Shifty Powers - I liked your giant boats and sexier comment.
Roger that! ;)

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
glad you liked it! lol..

voidfinger.. yes our cars react well to turbos as our heads some would say are good for it.. but plainly.. B heads SUCK.. before i do anything i plan on doing a while conversion to FR500 C heads.. anyways...

six speed? T-56? thats what i plan on throwing on mine but that takes some custom work and is not stock by any means.. once FI it can make ur car faster in some ssence since you can viperspec 5th and 6th which i plan on doing(once that kind of money shows up HA)

you plan on throwing on a SC? which one? yea the S trim is nice, but can only put out so much(dont get the quite version lol, i prefer loud) .. if i was to get one ide make sure i was built and then throw on the DSC1 T-trim.. WOOOOTTTT.. that baby will scream.....

thats my opinion lol, but for that SC ide make sure i was forged first.. if not the S trim is very nice to throw onto our cars... Actually if you port and polished our heads it would make the car more powerful obviously and your heads better(duh) lol.. just sayin sometimes thats all our heads need..
also delete ur IMRCs and do the short runner intake... throw on that SC and you are SET!!!! to whoop major ass!

voidfinger

Reaction score
i've been hearing people saying that we shouldn't port + polish these heads b/c they don't have the velocity already and i know thats what hurts our heads unlike the c heads. but i hear that the turbo could overcome those problems somewhat. Also, i wouldn't do anything above a s trim man. .......I'm just not wanting all the extra stuff ya know. I want a car this is highly streetable and see's a little track time. thanks though

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yes a turbo can overcome this.. but P&Ping our heads is no problem... me personally i would spend the money on something else(like short runner and IMRC delete)

but yea so ur lookin for 450rwhp as ur normal car? then yes without forging you will hit that or so with the S trim.. just have full exhuast, lower ur car, add sub frame connectors, panhard bar, gears, new plugs, wires... and ur pretty much set for a badass DD...

dunno what u already have i was just throwin stuff out there...

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol yea i got most of that already. Eibach prokit with an extra coil cut and subframes, prochamber and mac cat backs, and some other crap so. It's going to be alright when i get through. :dancing6: O and if i had that mid pipe you got it would be dragging the ground. thats how low my car is. Look at the pic lol, to jack the car up i have to lift the car to get the jack to go under the jacking points. :hammer: and if there is anything in the road bigger than a donute then :hitit:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online