whats wrong with my springs?

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
i installed the eibach prokit 1 week ago and the front dropped 1 1/2" and the rear only a 1/2". What the fuck is wrong? the springs are installed so the dead coils end is facing the driverside just the the sheet said.

GDawg

Reaction score
MoonlightGT said:
i installed the eibach prokit 1 week ago and the front dropped 1 1/2" and the rear only a 1/2". What the f**k is wrong? the springs are installed so the dead coils end is facing the driverside just the the sheet said.

They used to be known for sagging in the rear... give them time to settle and see what's up. Sounds like you have the pigtails pointed correctly.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
like Gdawg said...they need time to settle.

did you use iso's in the front?

4point6GT

Reaction score
I got my prokits isntalled today and I LOVE IT!!!!!! front is lower than rear, and if theyre suppose to settle I wonder how much lower it will get. I just wish it stays as is, its a really pimp stance.

kennyz

Reaction score
My pro kits is been on my car for over 3 years now and it sags in the rear ALOT i am looking to do some new springs soon

OP
OP
MoonlightGT

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
I got my prokits isntalled today and I LOVE IT!!!!!! front is lower than rear, and if theyre suppose to settle I wonder how much lower it will get. I just wish it stays as is, its a really pimp stance.

post some pics so is can compare to mine, or do me a favor and measure from the ground to the wheel well with the tape measure crossing at the center of the rear rim and tell me the measurement in inches. mine sits 27 3/4 inches with a 275/40/17 tire. If you could do this for me i would appreciate it!! thanks! did u install all the isolators?

4point6GT

Reaction score
hey sorry i barely seen ur post again, I will do that for you tomorrow. I believe they left all the stock isos on. didnt tell them to take anythin off, just to install springs and flip over my quads.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
kennyz said:
My pro kits is been on my car for over 3 years now and it sags in the rear ALOT i am looking to do some new springs soon
coilovers FTW my friend. O0

4point6GT

Reaction score
MoonlightGT said:
4point6GT said:

post some pics so is can compare to mine, or do me a favor and measure from the ground to the wheel well with the tape measure crossing at the center of the rear rim and tell me the measurement in inches. mine sits 27 3/4 inches with a 275/40/17 tire. If you could do this for me i would appreciate it!! thanks! did u install all the isolators?

lol I just checked my rears and they are 27 n 3/4 too.....haha thats not low enough 4 you ? if i remember right the fronts are 26 n 1/4. I love my stance...but if they do settle in I wonder how much it will be. hope I helped.

GDawg

Reaction score
25-3/8" in the front

26-3/8" in the rear

H&R Supersports :pimp2:

OP
OP
MoonlightGT

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
4point6GT said:
MoonlightGT said:
4point6GT said:

lol I just checked my rears and they are 27 n 3/4 too.....haha thats not low enough 4 you ? if i remember right the fronts are 26 n 1/4. I love my stance...but if they do settle in I wonder how much it will be. hope I helped.

hey thanks alot. Are you running 17" rims? or 16's?

4point6GT

Reaction score
MoonlightGT said:
4point6GT said:
MoonlightGT said:
4point6GT said:

hey thanks alot. Are you running 17" rims? or 16's?

im runnin stock 17s with 245s all around cause some one cant deliver my new rims when I ordered them :mad: sucks lookin at my poor tires stacked up in my room everyday.

Downshift

Reaction score
GDawg said:
25-3/8" in the front

26-3/8" in the rear

Are you sure? If you are, isos? Size tires?
I have always thought my H&Rs sat higher than all the other ones I see. I measured mine and it was like this...

Front 26 1/2
Rear 26 3/8

275/40/17 and 255/40/17 with one iso on each front spring. Thanks

GDawg

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
GDawg said:
25-3/8" in the front

26-3/8" in the rear

I have always thought my H&Rs sat higher than all the other ones I see. I measured mine and it was like this...

Front 26 1/2
Rear 26 3/8

Absolutely, I went out and measured right before I posted. I have 245/45/17s all the way around. I have urethane isolators all the way around. I'm also a vert so it's a bit heavier.

Downshift

Reaction score
GDawg said:
5.0wned said:
GDawg said:
25-3/8" in the front

26-3/8" in the rear

Front 26 1/2
Rear 26 3/8

Absolutely, I went out and measured right before I posted. I have 245/45/17s all the way around. I have urethane isolators all the way around. I'm also a vert so it's a bit heavier.

Hmm thats really strange I wonder why. Thanks though.

GDawg

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
GDawg said:
5.0wned said:
GDawg said:
25-3/8" in the front

26-3/8" in the rear

Front 26 1/2
Rear 26 3/8

Hmm thats really strange I wonder why. Thanks though.

I'm a pic whore... just let me know if you want pics of the measuring tape...

Where did you buy your springs from and which (model #) did you get? I know some suppliers listed them wrong for certain cars.

ujslost

Reaction score
MoonlightGT said:
i installed the eibach prokit 1 week ago and the front dropped 1 1/2" and the rear only a 1/2". What the f**k is wrong? the springs are installed so the dead coils end is facing the driverside just the the sheet said.

Sounds like you possibly have the same problem I did when I got my prokit.
I bought mine from tirerack.com (because I get them wholesale) and they sent me the ones for a V6 mustang.
Check the part number on your box and make sure it is correct check the numbers for your specific vehicle on www.eibach.com
Mine was raked looking. Gap between top of front tire and bottom of fender was like 1.5 inches and the rear didnt look like it had dropped at all
so I sent them back and got the right ones. BTW if this is your situation, DO NOT tell them you installed them or drove on them
Just tell them you noticed they were the wrong part number.

freefallin98

Reaction score
Yeah I have the Pro-Kit and I do not care for it. I want a much lower stance on my car. I wish I could afford coil overs. My pro Kit sags hella in the rear too. If you are going to do springs.... go as low as you can for sure....Sportlines or coils I would suggest. Lower the center of gravity, the better the car handles btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online