whats wrong??

strokn50

Reaction score
i have the mods in my sig, last year i ran a 14.6 and that was before i added the 3.73, off road hpipe, and 17x9 rims, and ran the same time again last night, how could i do that???? my trans is real crappy could that be it?

G

GREG@SN95

auto or stick?

could be your driving...

explain to me how you go about launching... what are your 60 foot times?

how is the car on gas?

OP
OP
S

strokn50

Reaction score
its and auto, i usually leave it in overdrive to kinda set up a baseline so i know what the car can do on its own, i try to launch at like 1500 to 1600 everytime and my 60 ft were from 2.15 to 2.23, my car is usually at an 8th of a tank or less at around 250 to 270 miles from when the tank was full

G

GREG@SN95

strokn50 said:
its and auto, i usually leave it in overdrive to kinda set up a baseline so i know what the car can do on its own, i try to launch at like 1500 to 1600 everytime and my 60 ft were from 2.15 to 2.23, my car is usually at an 8th of a tank or less at around 250 to 270 miles from when the tank was full

hm... idk... 60ft times aren't too bad... and the car seems to be running ok...

traction control is off right? (if you have it)

May want to look into getting a higher stall converter... and a chip to adjust the shift points...

a cool free mod is to run 93 octane fuel and advance the timing up to 14 degrees...

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
your rims are slowing you down...since it is unsprung weight, it makes a dramatic effect on weighing down the car

Downshift

Reaction score
When was the last time the thing had a tune up? Does it burn any oil? Whats the MPH on those times? 14.6 seems a little slow but the auto doesnt help. If you havnt done plugs or cap and rotor things like that in a while I would at least check em, and while your taking the plugs out do a compression test while you have them out. You can get a comp tester for free from autozone. Cant hurt just to know.

ripper

Reaction score
Yea i would think 14.6 isnt really that bad for your mods but im still confused. You should have picked up some 10ths on the rear alone. Does it feel like its pullin harder? Maybe that 31 spline is heavier and is holding you back. They are solid axels i think and bigger and much heavier. You may have offset your mods against your added weight. I know if i have a passenger in my car i can feel a big difference in the pull.

OP
OP
S

strokn50

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
When was the last time the thing had a tune up? Does it burn any oil? Whats the MPH on those times? 14.6 seems a little slow but the auto doesnt help. If you havnt done plugs or cap and rotor things like that in a while I would at least check em, and while your taking the plugs out do a compression test while you have them out. You can get a comp tester for free from autozone. Cant hurt just to know.

the plugs arent very old and it doesnt really burn oil, the mph was 94

S

scarface

can you give a full break down of both times...then we could see where you start to drop off.

OP
OP
S

strokn50

Reaction score
i was pretty mad so i threw the slips out the window all i can remember was, 14.63 at 94 mph, and 2.13 60 ft and i wanna say i was goin 70mph at the 1/8th mile

Downshift

Reaction score
Well the MPH is about right for the time... Im not sure what it could be man. The 60ft isnt that bad.

OP
OP
S

strokn50

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
dont sound too bad to me for a slush box :dunno:

yea, but the point is that the car ran 14.6 before the rear end was built and i got an off road h, and now it still runs a 14.6 with the new mods

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
strokn50 said:
Snakebit said:
dont sound too bad to me for a slush box :dunno:

yea, but the point is that the car ran 14.6 before the rear end was built and i got an off road h, and now it still runs a 14.6 with the new mods
how about this.........what was the change in weather from the first time at the track to this latest time ???

Downshift

Reaction score
Ok, you changed the gears. So your gonna have to drive it a little different. What are you shifting at? Same RPM?

G

GREG@SN95

well if yer tranny is "real crappy"... then thats the problem...

Get it rebuilt, get the trans fluid cooler, get a higher stall converter, and get a tune to adjust the shift points and I'm sure ya'll see much better times...

OP
OP
S

strokn50

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Ok, you changed the gears. So your gonna have to drive it a little different. What are you shifting at? Same RPM?

i always start out and just launch at 1500 and leave it in o/d just to kinda set a baseline

OP
OP
S

strokn50

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
well if yer tranny is "real crappy"... then thats the problem...

Get it rebuilt, get the trans fluid cooler, get a higher stall converter, and get a tune to adjust the shift points and I'm sure ya'll see much better times...

im gonna get a built aode or c4 and get a 2800 stall with shift kit and trans cooler and see if that cures the problem

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online