What's Your Experience With HIS.

Vettn71

Reaction score
Bought new headlights for my 95. Not too impressed. I thought maybe HIDs would give a better pattern and more light. What's your experience been with these? Whose do you recommend?

TIA

Jim

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
HID's in a non HID housing like ours can give you more light but not necessarily useful light.
FWIW, I have smoked lenses. My HID's are a compromise, When I could see best on low beam then hi beams were useless. And vice versa.. Sooo I have the low beams adjusted a bit to the low side so I don't blind oncoming cars.
There are a couple people who have retrofitted a projector housing into a stock lens to make full use of the HID bulbs. There's a write up if you search for it.

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
Well, that doesn't sound good. These crappy headlights look good, but I almost need a flashlight to see where I'm going. I was hoping the HID was the way to go. Any suggestions on how to improve the light output?

jim

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What are you current headlights? Like factory gt?

I think cobra ones would atleast help since they're clear.
What is your budget? Some aftermarket headlights meant for HIDs would help (usually ugly imo.) or do some retrofit ones.

If you want retrofit lights, but don't feel up for the challenge check out yuke's HID.http://yukeshidretrofits.com/
They're expensive though.

Rallim

Reaction score
Don't put HID's in a halogen housing as others have said, its completely useless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online