WHEEELS!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ok, so i have about $390 to spend and i know im saving up for wheels. since i have enough to purchase my wheels for the back of the stang, should I go ahead and do that tonight? and then ill buy the fronts on thursday because ill get payed another $400. and in about 3 weeks, ill go ahead and buy my tires and lowering springs.. im trying to figure out how to go about doing all this because sometime this month, i need to give my parents $266 for the car payment and i need about 100 for gas money...

Wheels - Front
http://www.mustangtuning.com/chromesaleen.html
Wheels - Back
http://www.mustangtuning.com/chromesaleen1.html
Lowering Springs -
http://www.mustangtuning.com/h-r-sport-springs-96-04.html

Tires - I need help on this, i was told that for the fronts i should run from 245's to 265's. and in the back i was told by matt i think 295's but dallas mustang said 315-335's. i want the same tires up front and back but im having problems finding them in these sizes. i either find the backs but the fronts are like 225's or i find the fronts but the backs are 285's. HELP ME!

I just found these, i was recommended these tires so tell me what you think of these.. if you guys know of some better tires, let me know. I was looking at the firestone wide oval tires too, they have some realllllllly good reviews. Im not sure which ones on the back, so i listed both that i found.
Tires - Front
Tires - Back
Tires - Back2

and also, if im getting the H&R SS Springs, will i need new CC plates and shocks? Thanks guys!

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Front - link
Back - link

That site has some decent prices and I have heard a lot of good stuff about nitto 555's.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
In my opinion, 245's are too narrow for a 9" wheel, and 295's are the smallest I'd go on a 10" wheel..

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Go as wide as you can fit.

94GtStAnG5o said:
Front - link
Back - link

That site has some decent prices and I have heard a lot of good stuff about nitto 555's.
I vote for the nitto's, had em for years, I love the helloutofem. :rockyou:

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
How long do nittos last? I drive with spirit, but I don't do burnouts often and I rarely get time to see the track - I mean rarely..

About how many "real world" miles can I get off a set of nittos 555's?

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i read on there website like 15k miles on the 555's.. im curious to know the same though. i think im giong with the bfg kdw 2's because they have the sizes i want.

95STANG

Reaction score
no smaller than 275 up front, and at least 295 out back, but 315s would look the best.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have the 555R's - they have a deciecent aquatread raiting, and better life.
not sure how much total.

quiet, awsome traction, awsome high speed stability. I like em.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions, my friends are trying to talk me out of spending 2k on wheels, tires and suspension (i almost gave in) but im going with what i think is best and what I want. so im at work right now, so in a little while i think im going to buy my saleens. i have about 760 bucks because i got payed yesterday so ill go ahead and buy the fronts and backs. then next week ill save the 400 that ill make, then the week after i should be able to buy my tires and maybe the lowering springs. so in about 3 weeks, i should be rockin the new wheels.

everyone agrees though that i should buy the 18"/9" front chrome saleens and the 18"/10" rear chrome saleens (from mustang tuning)? ive never really made a purchase this big before and i dont want to screw it up thats why im being so cautious.

also what is that link so that sn95forums gets 8 bucks or w/e?

Downshift

Reaction score
How low are you looking to go? I just put the front springs on my stang. (H&R Super Sports) and I have 18s so far no issues with rubbing that I can tell. And I wouldnt mind even going a tad lower maybe another 1/4 inch. Ill have pics to show you in a few days but I would look into the super sports too. They are also somewhat stiffer which might be good since you said you do spirited driving. Goodluck and get some pics up when you get those rims/tires on. :thumb:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
sounds good. yeah well i was plannin on buying the wheels yesterday (i had all my shipping info put in and everything) but i figured i should hold off because i need gas money and 50 bucks for a week wasnt going to do it. so im going to get them next thursday when i get payed again. and ill also buy the super sports at the same time. so in about 4 weeks, i should have them on and ready to go. =/ to long of a wait!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online