Wheel not centered after MM Solid Steering Shaft Install

Boostr1

Reaction score
Hey everyone just taking their time out of their busy lives to give me a few seconds of their thoughts is always been a huge thing for me. It’s always appreciated and the least I can do is thank them. I also try to contribute as much as I personally can.

This hobby can be extremely frustrating but damn it can it be rewarding as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya need a tissue, ya have some brown stuff on your nose... Lol. That's why forums like these are great.

tenant

Reaction score
If you really don't feel like taking it back there and since it already has been aligned. lock the wheel straight. Loosen the jamb nut and turn the inner tie rod til your wheel looks straight on that side taking careful note of the exact number of rotations. Making a reference mark with a paint marker may help. Tighten the jamb nut. Go to the other side. Loosen jamb nut and rotate an equal number of times. Tighten jamb nut. This moves the position of the steering wheel without messing up your toe setting.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Did you get a detailed invoice from him explaining what all they did wrong and what he had to correct???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did actually and wrote a nice, long, feeling-felt email to really capture the emotion and distress I felt. LOL

No but really I sent a long email explaining the experience I had to endure to see how their customer service is. Long story short - stick to shops you trust. It's almost like buying cheap parts. It may look good at first but it'll cause 2x the headache and be even more costly in the long run.

OP
OP
TheOdessa

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Ya need a tissue, ya have some brown stuff on your nose... Lol. That's why forums like these are great.

LOL - another reason I love forums. The info gets saved for a LONG time so future people can google it and educate themselves.

When I first got into the Mustang scene I wrote a long, detailed, informed break down on the Flowmaster 40 lineup since I feel like Flowmaster (even to this day) doesn't fully explain the differences between Flowmaster 40 Original, Super 40, Super 44, and 40 Delta Flow. The hits I got on that post were insane through the years. Wish it were monitized lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online