wheel offsets?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
americanmuscle has a chart. i forget what the exact offset and bs is.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
that actually don't seem to be quite accurate tho...hmmmmm. cause i know a 2005-10 has different offset needs.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be going with 20mm front and back when I finally do my IRS swap and buy new wheels. I liked [MENTION=18581]SIC9250[/MENTION] setup so much I will copy it. He did the 18x11 rears with 6.79 BS I believe and it looked great with the IRS.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just read AM's chart and I'm clueless as to what (H) & (M) means in terms of offset.
My wheels have +26 offset and rub at full lock. Assuming American Muscle's offsets are positive, going for the 35-50 range would make it worse.

I am confused.

:handz:

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I just read AM's chart and I'm clueless as to what (H) & (M) means in terms of offset.
My wheels have +26 offset and rub at full lock. Assuming American Muscle's offsets are positive, going for the 35-50 range would make it worse.

I am confused.

:handz:

yea that offset chart is terrible lol. the fronts being anywhere near +50mm would rub all fn day lol.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I dont think they are accounting for the width differences of the wheels

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
wow didn't know I was this difficult.

lol, it's not actually. you're on bags so your needs are a tad different unless you want to air out and buckle your quarters.

my old tsw wheels were perfect for an sn on air sra.

fronts were 9" wide with 30mm offset

rears were 10.5" wide with 25mm offset.

that sets ya flush and if you only wanna do an 18" then you can run more tire cause you wont really be tucking much at all. i'll look and see what the exact bs was on those wheels if you'd like.

ProKiller

Reaction score
i actually prefer this caclulator. includes tire sizes too.
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

+30mm is pretty much what all AM wheels are going to have for front wheels. With your bags though scott, i would start with the wheels you have and take some measurements to see how far you can really go.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you go onto AM and find your actual wheel size the offset will be in the specs. That chart is definitely not correct lol, size matters.

For bags, pull out the measuring tape. I think to would be best to figure out what your current wheels are, then figure out where you'd want the wheels to sit. Then factor in size.

For me, I'd get the same specs as my front. They're pretty perfect. The rears would come out a ton and our stupid ugly rear fenders need rolling.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have no idea what measurements I need to do is my only problem. I might just go hit up a local wheel place and see what they would say and what they have to offer but was just wanting a general measurement to give to a wheel builder to get a price.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What look are you going for scott? Tucking tire? Fender resting on sidewall? Fender on rim barrel?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well I am lookin at a minimum 18" possibly 19" in the rear as that seems the smallest some of them do and I think with that size and aired out I would need it to tuck a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online