Wheel shopping on Ebay - need opinions

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Ok, I'm having a helluva time trying to decide on what finish to go with, if and when I buy something. I'm leaning towards black with the polished lip. My other possibility is a fully polished version. I just don't know if a polished wheel isn't as duable as a painted/clearcoated wheel and so on. And I don't know if it'll "go" with my car.....:dunno
I'm going to get the tape measure out tomorrow, but I'll ask anyway. Are there generally any issues with fitting 18x10" wheels and 285(or 295)/40 tires on an SN95 with ProKit springs? Is it possible that the tire/wheel might rub on suspension parts or exhaust?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
im not sure man, i stayed away from 18's due to how exspensive the tires were. I do believe there are plenty of people running 18x10 with 295's with no problems.

Shit jonbeast is running a 18x10 cobra wheel with a 335 on the back

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

KB said:
LOL Really?!?! Without any modifications? Well I guess it's safe to say that a set of skinny-ass 285 or 295's will be just fine than. :hammer:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Like i said man no one can tell you for sure if it will rub or not. LIke i said remove those quad shocks and mounting brackets (took me 5min, granted i had a lift) and just test fit em, bolt em on, drive em around the block, on bumps etc. If they rub come back and take a hammer to the shinney spots. a 285 will just do fine, one of my good friends txcobra i believe is running a 285 on his 18" saleens and he has the eibach sport lines like i have, and he doesnt rub

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
KB said:
im not sure man, i stayed away from 18's due to how exspensive the tires were. I do believe there are plenty of people running 18x10 with 295's with no problems.

18X10.5 O0

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

I took a tape measure out today and measured from street to the lip of my fender. Just under 28", so I figure if I stay with a wheel/tire that's about what I have now (stock=25.7") I should be ok. A 285/35/18 would be 25.9". And I measured from my current tire's edge to the quad shock and I had 2" at the least. Should be ok. I'll see once I get my tax return and it comes time to actually order something...which will be very soon I hope!
One thing.....is going with 18's a stupid idea? I know if I wanna keep around the same total whee/tire diameter, then I'm gonna have to go with a "thinner" sidewall on the tire, which is gonna roughen up the ride a lot. Maybe 17's are more reasonable...? I'll have to call this ebay business and get some price quotes and compare. I just think that a larger wheel would look better... :dunno:
Another question is this: I know the deep dish/10" wheel will be brought out closer to the fender in the rear. Will it be pretty close to flush with the fender? And if so, when I hit a big bump, would the tire tuck in behind the fender, or go straight up and possibly hit the fender? (i'm asking because if it'll tuck on impact with a bump/dip in the road, than I might get a larger tire to take up some more fender gap)

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Nacho said:
JonBeast, your car has a FUKIN awesome stance, what wheel/tire combo are you running?
Thanks man.

18x9 18x10 03 Cobras 275/35 335/30 Michelin Pilot Sports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.