Wheel spacers

97WhitePony

Reaction score
i have some inch and a halfs if youd like to buy em... never installed... sell em cheap!!!!!

Reaction score
If you're running stock 8" wheels, then 1" or 1 .25" (25 or 30mm) should get you flush or close without protruding. Is your car lowered? If not, the spacers will give you more 4X4 look. I've seen pics and it just doesn't look right.
Also, if don't have wider tires, like 275 or larger, spacers give the illusion of skinnier tires. This pic has 275's with a 1" spacer:
10thanni4.jpg

Just my .02 . . .

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
Mr. Pacific Green said:
If you're running stock 8" wheels, then 1" or 1 .25" (25 or 30mm) should get you flush or close without protruding. Is your car lowered? If not, the spacers will give you more 4X4 look. I've seen pics and it just doesn't look right.
Also, if don't have wider tires, like 275 or larger, spacers give the illusion of skinnier tires. This pic has 275's with a 1" spacer:
Just my .02 . . .

IMO , I agree.

BTW dawg your car looks sweet in that pic.

10thanni4.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I always hated how the rear stockers are sucked in.

If you're not getting new one's with a wider offset.
Spaced out is better than the stock look IMO.

1.25 or 1.5 should be good. they'd have to be the bolt on kind.
have you measured it?

You can also call Maximum Motorsports, and they will recommend the size and give you good recommendations.
Maybe White's would work for ya? :)

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i heard if you have wheels spacer's its not good to race or have fun with your car cuz it might be dangerous... that true???

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
i heard if you have wheels spacer's its not good to race or have fun with your car cuz it might be dangerous... that true???
I've had no problems but I hear that.

I suppose it would really depend on the quality of the spacer though and how big it is. I would not go any more than 1", IMO. :thumb:

S

scarface

HMMMM...what would a 1 inch spacer look like on a 10.5 inch wheel? lol

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I say get different wheels. The spacers will make your wheel/tires look good from the side, but the rear end view will look odd. MM will tell you that 1/4" should not affect your handling. Anything more you will be changing the geometry of the vehicle suspension thus making the vehicle handle differently. Alot of open road racers don't recommend spacers, but they are ok I guess for cruising around town. If you decide to get spacers make sure you go with hubcentric spacers!!!

rgs

Reaction score
depends on what kinda rim you're putting it on

if it's on the split spokes in ur sig then i dont think you would wanna go any bigger than 255

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
silversol said:
i think i will just get wider tires. what's a good wide 17" tire? 275's?
wider tires will not change the offset of the wheel you have.
If you want to bring them out, you'll need spacers or wider wheels with a wider offset on the rear.

Reaction score
You could go with 255/45's. That's what I have. They're slightly taller than stock (sidewall), gives good protection from curb rash and a slightly wider tire than 245. Also reduces that ugly fenderwell gap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online