Wheel spacers?

GDawg

Reaction score
1" H&R spacer

PICT0069.jpg

voidfinger

Reaction score
man, every time i see your car gdawg i start to drool. lol

Anyway the spacers look good on you guy's cars... one question though, my wheels stick way further out in the front than you guy's wheels do... why is that. I got the frpp 95 r's and its like they have a 1 inch spacer on the front... it looks whack when the backs are in and the fronts are out. Little help please ???

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
scarface said:
I know my car is an Edger, but it will show you the difference that spacers make.

9inch wheels, 275 nitto 555 tires

Pics are grouped in twos...1st is without spacer, 2nd is with a 1 inch spacer.

HPIM0160.jpg

cobra2022.jpg

HPIM0164.jpg

cobra2027.jpg

cobra1018.jpg

cobra2007.jpg

random side pic with spacer.
cobra2021.jpg

completely random, but i like that mach1 in the background.

S

scarface

you cant see them in that pic, but there were actually like 7 of them...lol

voidfinger

Reaction score
voidfinger said:

Anyway the spacers look good on you guy's cars... one question though, my wheels stick way further out in the front than you guy's wheels do... why is that. I got the frpp 95 r's and its like they have a 1 inch spacer on the front... it looks whack when the backs are in and the fronts are out. Little help please ???

any idea guys?

VenomousCobraR

Reaction score
I've got 97' Cobras 17x8 right...will the 1" (30mm) spacer work for me? And what kind of install and/or other parts will I need. We're talkin only rear here.

S

scarface

voidfinger said:
voidfinger said:

any idea guys?
no clue ???
VenomousCobraR said:
I've got 97' Cobras 17x8 right...will the 1" (30mm) spacer work for me? And what kind of install and/or other parts will I need. We're talkin only rear here.
spacer, thats all the parts you need. I should come with the studs and inner lugs.

GDawg

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
voidfinger said:

any idea guys?

255s are a bit wider than stock 245s but not that much. Are your front wheels 9.5" as opposed to 9"? That still seems like it wouldn't matter that much. I'm not familiar with your wheels.

Get the 25mm or 30mm spacers to even them up. I was afraid that the 30mm might push mine out just a bit too much.

GDawg

Reaction score
VenomousCobraR said:

I'm pretty certain 25mm = 1" and 30mm = 1-3/8".

Depending on your wheels you may have to shave your studs just a bit to get your wheels onto the spacers flush. I had to.

voidfinger

Reaction score
thanks gdawg, i'm pretty sure they are just the regular 17X9's

as a small side note...Tonight i was at home and i went with my brother to a U.S. Army special forces training camp thing. They use civilians for their training situations. So anyway, i went with him tonight to help and they had us set up a road block and stop a "truck" which was hauling like 10 special forces dudes in the rear. Anyway, they didn't know this was happening so , i didn't have a gun so the commander over the exercise gave me a Russian, AK-47 :bunny3: with the fold away stock. LoL, i about creamed my pants when i noticed it was a fully auto gun :boink:. We were using blanks and that thing was fierce. i went threw a 30 round clip in 1.5 seconds :comando: and was "killed" shortly after. Man i had so much freaken fun. Sorry i just had to tell someone

Mitchell

GDawg

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
thanks gdawg, i'm pretty sure they are just the regular 17X9's

as a small side note...Tonight i was at home and i went with my brother to a U.S. Army special forces training camp thing. They use civilians for their training situations. So anyway, i went with him tonight to help and they had us set up a road block and stop a "truck" which was hauling like 10 special forces dudes in the rear. Anyway, they didn't know this was happening so , i didn't have a gun so the commander over the exercise gave me a Russian, AK-47 :bunny3: with the fold away stock. LoL, i about creamed my pants when i noticed it was a fully auto gun :boink:. We were using blanks and that thing was fierce. i went threw a 30 round clip in 1.5 seconds :comando: and was "killed" shortly after. Man i had so much freaken fun. Sorry i just had to tell someone

Mitchell

When I was in the military stationed in Germany we used to have "exercises" where we would move one of our nuclear warheads from one site to another. I used to have to dress up like a Russian Soldier and "play" the other side. I had a Russian ID card and learned a few Russian sentences to say on the radio. It was fun. Only thing was I didn't get an AK-47. I had to carry my M-16.

spitfirees20

Reaction score
powerfreak said:
here's mine...1" spacer with a 275/40r17 on a 96GT. (not the greatest pix...will try and get some better ones tomorrow)...and yes, it needs to be lowered.

Almost the exact same combination as mine, no drop and all :) Please, more pics!

voidfinger

Reaction score
don't know if they have the same backspaceing though , i wonder what the mach 1 wheels look like on 96-98 cars :)

Daywalker

Reaction score
I have the 25mm H&R spacers, made a world of a difference... :thumb:

drrigg

Reaction score
I just finished installing my 1.5" spacers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290136217008) and had a couple of questions -- first, the hole in the spacer seems to be tapered and the hub is not so, to get the spacer tight and flat and centered on the hub, it had to be step torqued into place. Is this normal? second, I torqued the nuts on both the spacer and the wheel to 90 lbs. Is that about right? And third, are these things safe and reliable? I did this as a temporary and cheap test run before getting 10.5" deep dish rims.

S

scarface

drrigg said:
I just finished installing my 1.5" spacers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290136217008) and had a couple of questions -- first, the hole in the spacer seems to be tapered and the hub is not so, to get the spacer tight and flat and centered on the hub, it had to be step torqued into place. Is this normal? second, I torqued the nuts on both the spacer and the wheel to 90 lbs. Is that about right? And third, are these things safe and reliable? I did this as a temporary and cheap test run before getting 10.5" deep dish rims.
tey are safe, but I didnt have any tapered anything on mine ???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online