wheel swap opinions needed

Tommy92

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of trading my mach 1 wheels for a set of staggered black bullitts with chrome lip with 400 cash on top. My tires are almost gone and his tires are worn but not as bad as mine. He also has a few gash on the lip with a small piece that ripped off. From a distance though it's unnoticeable. Should I shell out the 400 and get these wheels or should I just get new tires on my mach 1s? I don't like how skinny these wheels are and makes the rear end look blah.. What do you think?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
that doesn't seem like a good deal for you at all. more like your wheels + $200. replica mustang wheels aren't expensive at all and you can find them for sale all over the place.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You could probably find a set of black bullitts in great condition for $300 for all 4 if you search hard enough. I would pass.

OP
OP
T

Tommy92

Reaction score
Ive been looking for bullitts ever since I got this car lol. But yeah I was a little hesitant about this thats why I asked you guys lol. I'm also thinking about black 03/04 cobras but I'm not sure if I like them on Mach 1s. Any ideas? Looking for just bullitts is taking a long time.

chris91

Reaction score
Yeah definitely not a good deal. You'd be out another $100 to fix that bend right off the bat, bet it vibrates like a B**CH. Id pick up a pair of the deep dish 10.5" Mach's for the rear. You dont see them often and it keeps the original Mach look. I think they look killer personally.

img0212medium3nw.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tommy92

Reaction score
Yeah definitely not a good deal. You'd be out another $100 to fix that bend right off the bat, bet it vibrates like a B**CH. Id pick up a pair of the deep dish 10.5" Mach's for the rear. You dont see them often and it keeps the original Mach look. I think they look killer personally.

That will be the ideal wheel to have. But they will not fit my budget. I might end up just buying like 275 40 17 for my 8 inch wheels and paint the spokes of my wheels gloss black and leave the polished lip. I wonder how that will look.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Those wheels have seen better days. I wouldn't even trade evenly for those. You can find a used set for the amount of money you would of put on top of the trade like ferocious said.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Addermk2

Reaction score
that doesn't seem like a good deal for you at all. more like your wheels + $200. replica mustang wheels aren't expensive at all and you can find them for sale all over the place.

If the Mach wheels are OE, then he should be giving you cash. That set of wheels runs ~$550-$600 NEW. Screw the tires... they are probably crap anyway.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the Mach wheels are OE, then he should be giving you cash. That set of wheels runs ~$550-$600 NEW. Screw the tires... they are probably crap anyway.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

I've never see anyone pay a good dollar for 8" wide stockers lol

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
New tires on the stockers. If you're gonna pay to have that bent lip fixed and the rash, you'll have more into the wheels than you'd want to imo. Or if you're going that route and don't mind than go for it. He should be throwing cash on top imo.

OP
OP
T

Tommy92

Reaction score
New tires on the stockers. If you're gonna pay to have that bent lip fixed and the rash, you'll have more into the wheels than you'd want to imo. Or if you're going that route and don't mind than go for it. He should be throwing cash on top imo.

Yeah I realized I'd end up spending more money than I want to. I'm going to pick up some 275s tomorrow for my mach 1 wheels and maybe paint the inner part gloss black sometime this summer.

cobra head

Reaction score
why don't u take that 400 n save up some money look on craigslist and I know u will find some soon enough or save up and get some deep dish machs theres a guy that has some on his that runs around my lil town and they look sick

OP
OP
T

Tommy92

Reaction score
why don't u take that 400 n save up some money look on craigslist and I know u will find some soon enough or save up and get some deep dish machs theres a guy that has some on his that runs around my lil town and they look sick

Yeah I used have dd mach 1s in my old mach 1. I loved them but they are hard to come by used since no one wants to get rid of them. Im jusr going to get tires now and when I make more power later on or just have money to spend ill get dd mach 1s with super sticky tires :)

ProKiller

Reaction score
watch the monthly sales on AM and i bet you can find bullits for about what you were going to pay for those. and they would be brand new. then it's just a question of tires, which seem to be a wash as both your existing set and the set this guy has are about shot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online